Beginners - April 2017 (Page 29)

by xxvms
Conversion to char

Hi there Can you help me please with this. What (char)i exactly do? I understand it converts integer numbers to equivalent ASCII, but I don't understa...
[2 replies] Last: thanks Gunnerfunner, I didn't cover casting operators yet, so that is... (by xxvms)
Can reading a character from the std::istream result in failbit being set?

Can reading a character from the std::istream result in failbit being set? #include <iostream> #include <string> int main() for(std::string str...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much man, much appreciated! :) (by etrusks)
Cin Input.

Hi there, I can't input my balance value. As I put full name for the account holder string with spaces, it takes the second word after the space as a balance v...
[3 replies] Last: You've already got string in your current program, OP line 3, why chan... (by gunnerfunner)
by Meden
ranged based for in multidimensional array

What type does auto become in the following code? int main() { int arr = { { 2, 3, 4 }, { 5, 6, 7} }; for( auto &row : arr) for(auto &col...
[3 replies] Last: > What does col = 7 do then? col is a poor name for the variable; I... (by JLBorges)
time.h

I used time.h to get system time. The time it returned is 21.20.00 7 FEB 1997. My question is: Can any one explain why it is returning this time? Thanks
[9 replies] Last: Thanks everyone. (by Faizan008)
Stuck in arrays...

A user specify the number of elements of ana array and then input those elements into the array. I want to display those numbers which are unique meaning not re...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much for the help... (by learner47)
Creating a basic calculator

Write your question here. Hi, I am self teaching myself C++ (I have some prior experience) and going through the basics. When typing in a basic calculator, I h...
[2 replies] Last: sum = null + null Not quite. In that example all the variable are ... (by TheIdeasMan)
What's the difference between a function that returns and one that doesn't

At first I thought returned function were ones with equations, but it turns out void functions can be defined with values too, so I'm lost and can't tell when a...
[1 reply] : All functions (well, almost all: we can safely ignore the few exceptio... (by JLBorges)
Rainfall Code question???

Hey, I was writing this rainfall statistics code where we're supposed to print the rain in inches that fell in each month, with the values given to us. Everythi...
[11 replies] Last: Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it! (by thhs345)
Simple Question about Print Function.

I have base class Employee and a derived class Manager. If I put two print functions in each class then Which one it would use if I change Manager object M to E...
[1 reply] : why don't you just try it and see? (by gunnerfunner)
How do I declare a Global Vector?

Hello thank you for taking the time to help. Does someone know the proper way to declare a vector GLOBALLY? The following code works when I put the vector withi...
[2 replies] Last: thank you so much for your help! (by jman2690)
I need your help ...pls

Re my program below, I am having difficulty to: i) ask user if he wants to play again or not after every time he guesses right. ii) code a counter that contro...
[4 replies] Last: Hi Enoizat, you are totally correct and I agree with you ... thank you... (by Tavalya)
help with reversal array oder / swapping

This was on a test sometime ago. I wanna practice creating this but for some reason the swap did not show and not complete. I think there are some logic error w...
[3 replies] Last: Consider the output of this program (which echoes your logic.) #incl... (by cire)
function to sum the diagonal of a matrix

Hey folks, I am having problems with sumMajorDiagonal. I am suppose to create that function so that the program adds the fist diagonal of the matrix, but my fun...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/212598/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
sum of the diagonal of a matrix

Hey folks, I am having problems with sumMajorDiagonal function. I am suppose to create that function so that the program adds the fist diagonal of the matrix, b...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/212528/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by arbwok
Problem with creating substring for last word

I'm having trouble figuring out how to find the last string in the file. I know my problem, but can't think of a way around it. #include <iostream> #in...
[1 reply] : I'm having trouble figuring out how to find the last string in the fi... (by jlb)
Help with classes

I'm learning how to use classes and everything was going pretty smooth up until the end when i call myGoat.getName(); in main im getting an error that says...
[7 replies] Last: xxvms okay i got it , idk what i was thinking, basically i wanted it t... (by persades)
Branching Assignment Tweet Decoder

I am having trouble with this 3 step assignment. I have some starter code that is given but I am very confused on how to go about it. Here is the details of...
[10 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cstdlib> using name... (by thexfiles)
Prime Factorization Program

I am writing a Prime Factorization function that outputs the factors of the number that is entered if it is prime. I have the function to test whether a number ...
[2 replies] Last: 1) find a prime number (re-use last if it was successful from 3, else ... (by jonnin)
by xxvms
where do developers meet in London?

Hi there can someone advise me where do developers meet in London? If I want to be involved with community, is there any place like this? also I would li...
[no replies]
April 2017 Pages: 1... 2728293031... 34
  Archived months: [mar2017] [may2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.