Beginners - April 2017 (Page 26)

Array Manipulator not working correctly?

I have to write an array manipulator with 6 functions, which are all called in main. I wrote most of the functions, but the ones I am stuck on is one where the ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you for your help! (by thhs345)
by kinley
Efficiently representing school data

Hi, Please consider the following folder structure: There is a School Folder. Inside that there are 6 subfolders Grade7, Grade8, ... Grade 12. Inside EAC...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much. (by kinley)
Is it possible to place "fake" user input into the makefile for testing?

Essentially my program requires a lot of user input for variables and it's tiresome having to input it myself for testing, I was wondering if it was possible to...
[1 reply] : Redirect input from a file when you run the program. (by cire)
Snowball Console Game - Getting Targets to Throw Back

So I am doing this project in my online course where it's impossible to collaborate with other students or to get help from the professor. I am hoping some of y...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks kemort I will have to try that out. Goldenchicken, my thought... (by timmyspan)
Program stop working *ERROR* when i hit compile and run

Program stop working *ERROR* when i hit compile and run. I'm just a beginner please help #include <stdio.h> #include <conio.h> int main(){ int a,b,c,x,y; ...
[1 reply] : *ERROR* That's the vaguest error message I've ever seen! :-D Are yo... (by Enoizat)
Error in calling a function for a new object

Hello, I have created a class to enter, compute and calculate grade averages. When calling the function in int main, I keep getting error messages like ...
[3 replies] Last: Hello All, Thanks very much for the solutions and alternative method... (by Shishykish)
Inserting string s into quotation marks

Write your question here. Hi, I was trying to make a program where it opens certain files on a drive using the command prompt. Everything seems fine except fo...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the feedback! I understand now that this is definitely not ... (by MeetTheMedic)
Help fixing error message....

I am getting the following error message: lastassignment2.cpp:51:21: warning: comparison of integers of different signs: 'int' and 'size_type' (a...
[4 replies] Last: To avoid those warnings, you could modify the line 51 from for(int aa... (by Enoizat)
by ghotez
finding the index of max element in array

Hi guys, i try to find the index of max value of an array, like this {2,3,1,6,7,3} my code: #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> using namespace std; ...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> #include <tuple> // return... (by JLBorges)
2D array quiestion.

Hey guys, I'm trying to understand 2D arrays a little bit more in depth. Please correct me if I am mistaken about something. Lets say I have array<array<int,...
[1 reply] : I know that array1 is a pointer to the first element in the array Th... (by mbozzi)
Why is the loop repeating 12 times?

It's only supposed to be repeating 5 times... I'm sorry it appears as if I'm spamming you guys with this, but I want to learn how to use this thing properly...
[5 replies] Last: I wasn't supposed to void anything So, do you have restrictions? Are... (by Enoizat)
by Mapler
Class does not name a type.

Yes, I've searched high and low for the answer but none seemed to be for this particular problem. The compiler says that ReadFile does not name a type while it ...
[2 replies] Last: DISPLAY_H isn't defined anywhere else but in the header. It shouldn't ... (by Mapler)
Passing Enum Through 2-D Array

I am trying to pass a 2d array with an enum and call it. I am not sure How I do it though. Here is what I have. #include<iostream> using namespace std; con...
[2 replies] Last: #include<iostream> const int ROWS = 5; const int COLS = 5; // ZERO ... (by JLBorges)
by Angel1
edit the array , but also changing old array

hi guys , i tried to do the option that the user can edit the array(all element) , but when im running the program again , it uses the old array in the begi...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <fstream> // ok at namespace scope: all... (by JLBorges)
Variable will not store more than 6 digits in console app?

Hi friends, I am studying C++ and have been practicing with a console app. At one point when doing some calculations with the app, I realized that my variable ...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> int main() { const double... (by JLBorges)
Duplication after removing one element from structurre array

I am trying to remove an element from an array of structure records. cout<<"Choose a student to delete:"; cin>>input; if(input==subjects .stuCoun...
[3 replies] Last: Plus I did copy the array into the front after deleting it Well tha... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
sample code 1(no output) vs sample code 2 (output) why ?

There is no output in the first sample code, why ? However, there is output in the second sample code. Food for thought: I do believe it is associated wi...
[1 reply] : In code 1 comments indicate initialize_ptr() Returns the pointer whic... (by gunnerfunner)
Trouble creating a dynamic 2d array as a private class member

So I'm creating a 2D array with variable rows and columns decided by the user. I can create it by dynamically allocating it. However, this only works if I cr...
[3 replies] Last: @integralfx That seemed to work perfectly! Doesn't make sense to me ... (by sweetdreams)
homework help of recursion

Write a recursive Boolean function isMember. The function should accept two arguments: an array and a value. The function should return true if the value is fou...
[1 reply] : The function should accept two arguments: an array and a value. not... (by gunnerfunner)
The static member has already been defined?

I try to write a polynomial in a global array at the beginning, But, the error says that the static member has already been defined. What should I do to solve ...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks for Enoizat, gunnerfunner and cire. I am appreciate for your k... (by commemorate)
April 2017 Pages: 1... 2425262728... 34
  Archived months: [mar2017] [may2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.