Beginners - April 2017 (Page 22)

Using Arrays and Opening files

I am creating an address book that can hold 50 entries. I'm not sure how to modify my exiting program to include an array. Any suggestions would be greatly appr...
[2 replies] Last: entryType is declared in my header file. I'm just confused on what ... (by tayloras96)
by CredC
dynamic array: sum of first and last number

hey everyone I am currently working on a homeworking that requires using dynamic arrays. it is supposed to take in numbers and stops when it reads a negative on...
[5 replies] Last: ah I forgot this detail, thanks (by CredC)
by tNK
String checker problem

For some reason my program will only work if the string to check inputed first. #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <string> using na...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=skindig123]Using, say a std::set container, you can reduce the ... (by boost lexical cast)
Randomly fill 2D array with numbers

Hey guys, I'm trying to make a function that fills a 2D array of 3 rows and 3 cols with random numbers from 1 - 9. I thought I had the right idea however whe...
[2 replies] Last: @schmiischmoo, Change your lines 11 and 12 from int row = rand() ... (by lastchance)
Need help on finding the longest run??

I am writing a program for an assignment, which is: Write a program that creates an int array of 20 elements, would ask the user how many tosses are required(1-...
[11 replies] Last: Thank you for your help, this is becoming more clear now! (by thhs345)
How do I change a repeating if statement to something more efficient.

I have a minesweeper game and If there is already a mine in the location, I need to find another spot. I am using tons of if else statements. If I want to make ...
[3 replies] Last: > simulate "draw without replacement" Here, it would be something lik... (by JLBorges)
using for each loops - Bugs!

When I create a simple array like this inside main or a function int array = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5}; everything is fine. However, when I create a pointer to an und...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> struct A { std::size_t sz = 5 ; int* ptr... (by JLBorges)
Entering many numbers into a loop

For this i have to first specify how many numbers i am going to enter. Then i have to enter how many numbers i said. For ex: i say i will enter 4 numbers then...
[1 reply] : I'm not exactly sure what your asking, but I believe the answer to you... (by joe864864)
The range of numbers

Say i enter numbers: 4,6,2, 23 and 9 The number range is from 2 to 23 but how would i make this come to fruition in c++
[2 replies] Last: a. determine the smallest number: say min_value b. determine the lar... (by JLBorges)
"Error: base does not name a type"

So I am wondering why I have obtained the error that says "does not name a type." What does this mean? Build errors: ||=== Build: Debug in cpptest (compiler:...
[6 replies] Last: :) Pretty sure that's illegal. In the class declaration, you cannot i... (by skindig123)
by ETN
Does anyone tutor for free?

Hi, I am a college student taking C++ classes. I have some problems writing functions such as insert_head, insert_before, insert_after, where_this_goes, sorted_...
[5 replies] Last: Node* _insert_head(Node* head_ptr, int number) { Node* temp_ptr =... (by cire)
C++ A few array questions/problems

Hey everyone, I have a few problems with my code. I am first year university student and this is one of my assingments. I must create a mini 'system' that ...
[6 replies] Last: Let me see if I understand you correctly. I should write down a 'c' ... (by integralfx)
Please I need help very badly!!!

I need help with my programming homework I been having problems with for loops with arrays can someone give me examples the details are located in the class...
[3 replies] Last: Hello JulianV304, PLEASE ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS (the <> formatting butt... (by Handy Andy)
Arithmetic Operations

I am having issues figuring out where to start in an assignment I was given. I'm currently taking Programming I for C++ and my professor can be very hard to und...
[7 replies] Last: Don't forget that a function which takes the operator and operand as p... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Need help with search/sorting function in Unix

I am completing a practice problem which requests that, using a given txt file, I write a code in unix that gives me a persons information when the user inputs ...
[11 replies] Last: It looks a great improvement to me, @Thomas1965. Before writing my ver... (by Enoizat)
Need it to be a bool instead of Void.

I have a minesweeper program. What is happening is that there is a 5x5 array of * like so, ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** And it is using the loop to assig...
[5 replies] Last: Your instructions are alluding to a function that attempts successfull... (by AbstractionAnon)
by Pampam
Delete array

Hello, the problem is that i do not know how to delete multi-dimensional array. I tried smth like written below but it gives debug error. CRT detected that t...
[1 reply] : [code firstline=17] int** arr = new int* ; for (int i = 0; i <= raw; ... (by cire)
i/o operator overloading reading a file [help needed]

I have a txt file that has information about Movies that I need to save to a database. The text file has things like a string for the title of a movie, an int f...
[2 replies] Last: Thankyou Thomas, this has helped a little bit! I knew the 'm.title' wa... (by relephant)
by Jopma
Loops and File Structures Help

I'm stuck on a couple parts of this including saving all of the information to the output file and how to determine the winner. Any help is appreciated Ther...
[2 replies] Last: Hello Jopma, PLEASE ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS (the <> formatting button) w... (by Handy Andy)
STL List

user inputs a string i want to load the string in to my nodes of my List #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <list> using namespace std...
[4 replies] Last: @gunnerfunner, thanks, you were right. Corrected now (by Thomas1965)
April 2017 Pages: 1... 2021222324... 34
  Archived months: [mar2017] [may2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.