Beginners - April 2017 (Page 2)

Labeling an Array

So i need to create an array of square values and I need to be able to also label the rows and columns with numbers 0-9. The calculated values need to be 10x10 ...
[2 replies] Last: with named headers for rows and columns as well: http://cpp.sh/7pvan (by gunnerfunner)
Tally Counter

Hey guys I need help with this program. I am trying to get a tally counter to work. I believe my main problems are in void clear function and get value function...
[no replies]
Trivia game program[Need help asap,3 hours til due]

Hello everyone, I am trying to make a program that allows 2 players to take turns answering multiple choice questions.Each time a player gets a answer right the...
[15 replies] Last: OP: you're quite insistent on having things exactly your way while y... (by gunnerfunner)
String inside string

Write a program that reads a sequence of words and prints, for each word, all the other words of the sequence contained in it. Your program has to implement an...
[11 replies] Last: > Is there any benefit in using cout as a condition rather than saving... (by JLBorges)
Array of buttons in C++ Windows Forms

I am trying to create an array of button in this game I am making and I cant figure it out so any would be appreciated. private: System::Void button1_Click(...
[no replies]
by F95
Assign hashkey to .txt file HELP?!

How do I assign the hashkey I created to a .txt file that is being read into a linked list(this is how my instructor said it would be easiest to do)? I have inc...
[2 replies] Last: I changed the code a bit and finally got it to do what I wanted it to ... (by F95)
by Caruso
catch float type

I'm trying to understand try, throw and catch. And I ran into an issue with catching a float. With this code I got a runtime error. Is it the compiler (MS vi...
[5 replies] Last: That's not pedantic at all, and you're totally right. I'm afraid I ha... (by mbozzi)
by xxvms
Old book new questions ;)

Hi there as it turns out this old book https://goo.gl/s3UGGo is causing me to doubt stuff that is in the book. At back of my mind I have voice whispering "... ...
[4 replies] Last: that is amazing @JLBorges thank you :) (by xxvms)
How can I print a value declared with double?

I am doing an exercise to calculate the factorial of a number, using for. Everything is well except that I get a warning printing the result because I declared ...
[5 replies] Last: That was fast... Google saves the day. (by boost lexical cast)
Struggling with if break

So, yesterday you kndly helped me breaking a loop but I realized I still don't understand how it works. I have as an example a very easy exercise. Using "for" I...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you, solved! (by JorgeChemE)
Array help

I'm working on an array program, it's doing what I need it to so far but, I'm having trouble getting it to do two things. I'm not sure how to get it to output ...
[5 replies] Last: changing the return type of checkUserEntry() to void: #include <iost... (by gunnerfunner)
by xxvms
Class question

Hi there while I am learning about classes, I have been told over and over that variables are private and function are public. However, I am reading in a ...
[7 replies] Last: @TheIdeasMan This is the context of my question Book Object Orientate... (by xxvms)
by xxvms
Class question

Hi there while I am learning about classes, I have been told over and over that variables are private and function are public. However, I am reading in a ...
[2 replies] Last: @TheIdeaMan - I will answer on the other copy of the post (once again ... (by xxvms)
read textfile into class object

Please help. I wrote my question in my code via comments. #pragma once #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> #include<sstream> usi...
[no replies]
I've hit a wall.

I have been tasked with creating a sort of "Game Show" type of program. The program is meant to read a text file, find the character '@', log whether or not it...
[1 reply] : I've used a different tack to reading the file, viz. with a struct and... (by gunnerfunner)
USING A VECTOR TO PRINT OUT A REPEATED WORD

Hey guy i am pretty much a novice in C++ and i have been using Bjarne Stroustrup's Book, Programing Principles in C++ 2nd edition. There was one task where i wa...
[4 replies] Last: JLBorges Thank you so much, i guess the part i miss was to nest the if... (by Keppler22)
code improvement

hi guys! can i further improve the code? thanks! #include<iostream.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<conio.h> #include<string.h> #include<ctype.h> #in...
[5 replies] Last: From #include<conio.h> you appear to be on a Windows platform. Go f... (by JLBorges)
How to code for addition of in between numbers.

How to I code that I get the user to input a start number (e.g. 2) and an end number (e.g. 15) and cause it to add up all the number in between? (e.g. 2+3+4+5+6...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you (by dalvinachin)
by arbwok
Need urgent help

I'm not sure why my main.cpp file doesn't work as intended, but my friend does using my header file to run his code. Therefore, the header file code shouldn't b...
[no replies]
How do I pass a function into another function

so I am trying doing a project right now that reqires me to pass a function into another function. How do i go about doing that"? when I did void functio...
[4 replies] Last: I seem to keep getting an error. error: invalid use of type 'void' ... (by pdgaming)
April 2017 Pages: 1234... 34
  Archived months: [mar2017] [may2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.