Beginners - April 2017 (Page 18)

Need help fixing program...

I am getting the following error: ------------------------------------------ assignment10.cpp:24:13: warning: multi-character character constant [-Wmu...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the report. DrHayes is up for worse than a pink slip. (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Special character and number chars printing as weird values

I am passing chars into a string and jumbling the letters in the string using a function however the chars grabbed from the arrays at the top of main are printi...
[3 replies] Last: Hello KingpinKeys, After some testing I arrived at the same answer as... (by Handy Andy)
emalil validation

Hello all, this is my first time to the forum. Any help is appreciated. My task is to create an email validation program. My current issue is getting the isuppe...
[4 replies] Last: And thank you coder777, I appreciate the link that you sent as well. H... (by mrbutta)
How can I identify and solve the error in my exception handling?

Hello, I am constructing a fractions calculator using classes. I have constructed the member functions with a try-catch-throw exception within a while loop ...
[5 replies] Last: Hello AbstractionAnon, Those tips have been very helpful and it all ... (by Shishykish)
by Alex A
C++ prints all the Fibonacci numbers that lie between the two integers entered.

Hi guys, how can I modify this code so it does the following.Reads two integers from the user and then prints all the Fibonacci numbers that lie between the tw...
[6 replies] Last: Guys , it looks like I got the problem working in C++ code, and I woul... (by Alex A)
***int main() & me***

Team, When I write a program using int main() has worked well for my needs. As my program grows though - I want to move to other areas of the program. How wo...
[1 reply] : Hello shycas2008, A quick example: #include <iostream> int second... (by Handy Andy)
by Anami
Getting Garbage value in inheritance program

i m getting garbage value in an inheritance programme the structure is like below A B \ / c...
[5 replies] Last: I have cleared that error when u told me ... no, you made the char ... (by gunnerfunner)
While loop help

Hello. I need some ideas regarding this exercise I have. 1.Program asks user to enter a random number between 0-100 and limit the region as shown in code. 2. ...
[1 reply] : A recursive function that squeezes user input into ever tightening ran... (by gunnerfunner)
Struct Array and Opening File

My code so far for a phone directory program. This program is to read from a file given by user into an array. Then allows user to search by name , phone or a...
[1 reply] : Well, you read the data before you open the file. so move line 29 be... (by coder777)
c++ array with objects, classes, and object abstraction.

Hello everyone, I am new to c++ and am working on code for a simple bank account program that has 10 accounts as objects in an array and will be required to giv...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/213274/#msg995528 (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
How to find number of initialized elements in an array of structures?

Hey guys, I am supposed to make a struct that holds make, model, year, etc for a car. I named my struct Car. I have to create an array that holds these struct...
[9 replies] Last: Just for fun: #include <iostream> #include <string> namespace car_po... (by JLBorges)
by Angel1
Random generator with void

Hi my fellow earth dwellers , I need help which I was given a void function to making random numbers , but i don't know how to go with doing the for loop for it...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdlib/rand/ (by integralfx)
by bam899
enumeration array help

need help assigning the cells in this 2d array to '*' which is the initial value in the enum #include <iostream> using namespace std; const int SIZ...
[2 replies] Last: OP: also check-out this similar post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/... (by gunnerfunner)
Need help asap!

I need to write a program to calculate the student grade and letter grade. I was done with my code but when I ran the code they appeared errors for line 56,57 f...
[1 reply] : avg1 and avg2 are still uninitialized, and yet you use them to cal... (by Mantorr22)
Not getting the desired output

Hi i wonder if anyone can help me. i am not getting the desired output for the if statements that have to deal with the aces function. i want it to output ...
[1 reply] : if(card == "Kc" || card == "Kd" || card == "Kh" || card == "Ks" || ca... (by gunnerfunner)
Scope help

Hey, im trying to count the total days from year 2011 untill year 0 (considering leap years). Can someone help me out? It seems my variable "counter" remains in...
[4 replies] Last: Yes. The variable counter is declared on line 13, so it's scope is un... (by TheIdeasMan)
Monthly budget

I am having a really dificult time getting my code to compile. Any help is greatly appreciated I get error messages on line 142 that say the following: LIN...
[1 reply] : What happens if you substitute a minus sign for the current ndash? (by Enoizat)
by ziyet
Linker error when passing argument with int const & type

Hi I wrote a function that takes csv file, read its (numeric) content and convert it into 2darray and return the pointer to this array. But when I pass in int c...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot. (by ziyet)
Shorten the program

I'm still quite new to this. Can someone tell me how can i shorten my program. Thanks in advanced. #include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> #include "c...
[no replies]
Closing a window with DestroyWindow() not working.

I am messing around with some windows functiosn and i am trying to close the current window i am tabbed into yet for some reason it doesn't work and it didn't r...
[no replies]
April 2017 Pages: 1... 1617181920... 34
  Archived months: [mar2017] [may2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.