Beginners - April 2017 (Page 17)

by xxvms
My very first class.

Hi guys, I have created (as partly help to someone question here, in other part to try building it as exercise) and I have few questions. I am not sure abo...
[3 replies] Last: I am not sure what that means .... and use RAII through the Product ... (by gunnerfunner)
by xxvms
Book - Object Orientated Programming in C++ what do you think?

hi there I want to ask more experienced people here what do you thing about this book? https://goo.gl/qT7AwI I am starting a course and i was told that...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks FantomasaAlbania I have asked as this is book that will be use... (by xxvms)
Guys whats wrong with my code .. help!

It's an assignment I have to deliver, I'm so beginner and really need help! This is the question asked to solve: https://s23.postimg.org/izwxeounv/question....
[1 reply] : In function 'double area(double)': 29:15: error: 'xd1' was not decla... (by wildblue)
Bug: process terminated

I have a pop-up with an execution bug I'm using code::Blocks (Process terminated with status -1073741510) #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <vect...
[1 reply] : valid index goes from 0 to size-1, is an error to access out of bounds... (by ne555)
Factorial Code

I have to write a code that will calculate the factorial of an entered number and when the number is negative the program will exit the loop and display the mes...
[3 replies] Last: currently n can't be neg, and he can't exit the loop because of it. ... (by jonnin)
compiled program wont run

i use dev-c++ 5.7.1 on windows 10 for some reason, I can't run my compiled programs I stopped my anti-virus and windows protection and still i can't run a s...
[1 reply] : Try version 5.11 of Dev-C++ or u can try CodeBlocks ! (by MorrAndSo)
Can someone help me with classes?

I just started learning classes through solo learn and was wondering if someone could in-depth explain them to me. I have repeated the lesson 3 times but I stil...
[4 replies] Last: Wow, thank you so much mobzzi. That cleared so many things up for me. ... (by garrows)
by xxvms
Prime Numbers

Hi there I am trying to finish prime number code, the idea is that user provide number how many numbers should be checked if they are prime numbers, then lo...
[9 replies] Last: Hi JLBorges thanks for such great explanation :) I will put a side ti... (by xxvms)
Combination of the string

Hi, need some help here. I am new with C++. For example, i have 2 string named A and B that is input by user. I want to combine those 2 string become 1 which is...
[1 reply] : to concatenate strings you can just add them with the + operator: #i... (by gunnerfunner)
by ghotez
Help me to find max value in looping

Hi guys, i am currently working on jacobi transformation program. my program is supposed to find max value of 2 dimension matrix and transformed it using sin & ...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks lastchance and TheIdeasMan all of it help me a lot. thanks (by ghotez)
Meaning of the & in the Classes II example

In the Classes II example there is CVector&. I'm not sure exactly what the & means in this context. Is the overloaded operator expecting a constant object of ty...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you, mbozzi! That's really helping me make sense of it. So my 1s... (by CuttinEJ)
by Meden
getline's not working

Why do my getline's not work? I am trying to read a file that uses | as a delimiter. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> #include...
[1 reply] : std::getline can only be used for reading strings. (by Peter87)
Confused about dynamic memory allocation for arrays

I'm going over dynamic memory allocation in this book, and I'm confused about something. #include <iostream> #include <Windows.h> int *growArray(int *p_val...
[11 replies] Last: It seemed to me that the code example only demonstrated how to dynamic... (by CuttinEJ)
Help with username and password code post correct entry

How do i make it so after you enter the correct username and password it brings me to something else. Preferably a file. #include <iostream> #include ...
[3 replies] Last: The shortest version is this; std::ifstream ifs("Path/to/the/file.tx... (by newbieg)
by Alex A
Translate C++ PROGRAM TO ASSEMBLY USING PEP/8 VIRTUAL MACHINE

Hi guys,is anyone familiar with the pep/8 virtual machine to write assembly language. I have the below program that I would like to translate to assembly lang...
[no replies]
by MrGoat
Error C2039 help

Working on a project for school and I having this error. I am trying to call a public function of this class. I do not know what to look for to fix this problem...
[9 replies] Last: I ended up fixing the problem by saving my source and header files. De... (by MrGoat)
Void function not showing up?

The one in question is the "outputfn()" it is likely something to do with what I am putting in the (), but no matter what I try it is not working. Whenever I co...
[2 replies] Last: @OP A couple of points/tips about your programming style: 1. A functio... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
array object initializing values

Hello everyone I am trying to declare a array of 10 objects with values attached to them by a random number generator. After declaring a array of 10 accounts ho...
[2 replies] Last: @OP Please stick to a single thread. So far you have 3 threads on esse... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Do I need to use delete [] in this program?

Just as the title says. Does my parameter that is a pointer to the Car struct array that is passed as an argument into the function have to be deleted to free m...
[2 replies] Last: kemort is correct, but just to answer your question I'm pretty sure I... (by Ganado)
by rantiv
Classes and Objects

I am making this program simulates an ipod and has songs and makes playlists. We are using lots of pointers which I understand them but not necessarily how to i...
[no replies]
April 2017 Pages: 1... 1516171819... 34
  Archived months: [mar2017] [may2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.