Beginners - April 2017 (Page 12)

by Angel1
garbage numbers problem

hi guys , i have a problem with my code which when i print my random numbers , at the end it prints garbage numbers of negative integers. the random numbers are...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you guys , but I found the problem which I Changed function cal... (by Angel1)
Program using data file

My program is not showing what i want it to. In the data file the numbers printed were 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 1 5 1 4 1 3 4 5 4 2 5 1 I saved both f...
[5 replies] Last: I tested the code on a Linux system and I don't have access to Visual ... (by wildblue)
How to read exactly 1 byte from std::istream

Hi, I have this std::istream and I have to read exactly X bytes of data from it. I was thinking to just read X chars because char is kind of always 1 byte bu...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the answers guys. I'm trying to implement HTTP client and w... (by etrusks)
by Meden
Sorting large txt file

I am trying to sort a txt file which is about 180MB with 8.6 million lines of data. The file contains resource information on map coordinate locations. The fi...
[9 replies] Last: Modifying get_selected_lines worked. Thanks. I have a lot to learn. ... (by Meden)
Binary Search Tree Function Help

I'm trying to write a code for a binary search tree and I currently have it written to traverse when I give it a pointer to the root to start the function on, h...
[2 replies] Last: line 45 - I think you want to update the Root pointer that's defined o... (by wildblue)
Parallel Vectors and Text Files

Not sure how to put the specific calculations using the numbers from the text file #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <fstream> #include <iom...
[8 replies] Last: Hello ohsimplyme, I came across a question that might be a problem. I... (by Handy Andy)
by tfrare
Average Grade Calculator

I have a project due The University needs to keep a record of the student grades. This module must do the following: • Ask you to introduce the numeric...
[1 reply] : Hopefully, the link below can give you some pointers on how to post a ... (by chicofeo)
Reversing a vector with a iterator

I'm having trouble reversing my vector with iterators. I think the issue might be with me decrementing limit2, but I can't figure it out. Here is the function ...
[4 replies] Last: Is there a reason you're not using std::reverse? Have you looked at th... (by jlb)
Swap of elements in bidirectional list.

Guys i have to swap the 2nd element and max.I did it,but the code is too big,i need ur help with func exchange.It needs to be optimized.I need ur help guys. ...
[no replies]
Swap pointers in list

Hello, I have a problem. I have list and I would like swap pointers. How to do? The A pointer is head. if (A != head) { prevA->next = B; prevB->next = A;...
[no replies]
Input

This is going to be a very easy fix most likely, but I have been trying to program a simple program that asks for a monthly budget, the user then puts it in, th...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much! I can't believe I forgot the namespace, I just have so... (by alextexasfan12)
Error in Main Function

For my code, I have an error in line 33 and i'm not sure why, can anyone point out what's wrong? #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <math....
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by TommyGun4)
multiple .cpp programs, can individual .cpp return a value of 0 or 1 for future use?

Hi, I have been googling/etc. for hours and I kept coming to these forums so I thought to post my problem. I am making a code for my final project for a b...
[11 replies] Last: Hi Jmuzsik there are plenty of good materials around, here you can fi... (by xxvms)
Parking ticket cycle between headers

Hello and thank you there seems to be a problem with the code below, when i go and compile the program says that "PC\Desktop\Program 7 Test\ParkingTicket.h #i...
[6 replies] Last: still getting stuff like "'carMake' was not declared in the scope" fo... (by keineahnung)
class inheritence putting 2 objects same class into the first class

i call a obj and receiving 3 values. puts it into the class then i take another 3 values receiving 3 different values and different variables i want to take th...
[1 reply] : SOLVED SOLVED #include <iostream> using namespace std; //clas... (by seungyeon)
How to validate the input?

I need help declaring an array to get my customer bundles to display 10 different customer bundles using input. I've got most of it input in the code but I can ...
[8 replies] Last: You could validate the input right after it's entered in the for loop.... (by wildblue)
class istream help me understand this

#include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> using namespace std; //Class definition class Complex { private: int a, b; public: Complex(); Complex(int...
[2 replies] Last: operator >> allows users to into cin >> objects talking only about ci... (by seungyeon)
GCC 6.2.0 Cant download it

Hi guys, i wanna do an lynda C++ basic tutoarial, at beginning it says that i need to download the latest version of GCC self extraction exe file (64 bit) from ...
[9 replies] Last: Cygwin is a little more, it can be rigged with your path to work in a ... (by jonnin)
Memory safety

I am leaning c++ programming, i have experience programming in high level languages (JavaScript, php and python). After reading about c++ i found out that that ...
[7 replies] Last: Ill be the one to say it, also: all that checking and babysitting of t... (by jonnin)
WORD DETECT (WINDOWS FORM) C++

((WINDOWS APPLICATION DORM)) MAKES A EVENT WHEN A WORD OR WORD PHASE IS DETECTED IN WEB BROWSER ex "I like youtube" // word phase in web browser when ...
[1 reply] : The WebBrowser control doesn't fire an event when you select text. One... (by Thomas1965)
April 2017 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 34
  Archived months: [mar2017] [may2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.