Beginners - April 2015 (Page 7)

by mkiopl
Operator Problem

Hey there ! Ok so i am learning from Stroustrup's book, Programming Principle and practice" ,2nd edition. I have a problem with the / operator, to be ...
[1 reply] : i ran your program and did not see any unexpected output. Everything w... (by shadowCODE)
by savanh
need u r help

hello, i have this code and i dont know why it does not run . the question is write the definition of the function template which exchanges two variables by ta...
[2 replies] Last: Why does the "swapp" function return a value? When you call the functi... (by booradley60)
Need help with c++ Arrays

I made a program that is suppose to receive 20 numbers or less and find the average, then show all numbers entered but my average does not show and a line pops ...
[2 replies] Last: Got it Thanks! (by juans12340)
Anytips or help

Encrypted word: svool
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much! (by nubgrammer)
Binary Files

Why does this code always out put that file could not be opened ? what's the wrong in this code ? #include "stdafx.h" #include "iostream" #include "...
[2 replies] Last: thnx a lot :) (by Hagar Maher)
Extracting data from Multidimensional Array

Hey Guys, Im reading a book and trying to learn code via trial and error using exercises, but I have lots of trouble with iterating through arrays, In my cod...
[4 replies] Last: You may like to check out this good array page: http://www.cplusplus... (by Codermik)
Help me create Array in Header file for the program

Hey Guys, I am kind of new to CPP programming, and I am developing a small application which calculates Daily gain in Future Market based on Settlement Prices....
[no replies]
Grading test array problem help!

I need to create a program that puts the correct answers in an array and the user enters their answers into another array. Then it has to compare them and print...
[no replies]
Need help with Texting friends array

I need to finish this program which has to ask for seed, then give the user 5 friends, and then it will choose who to text and show who did not make the cut. T...
[no replies]
change a value in an array

How can i change a specific value in an array, if there is already a value at that location? int corchoice, k, l, i ,j; for (i = 6; i >= 0; i--) { cout <...
[no replies]
Incorrect Percentage in Answers

Develop a function Lottery that simulate a lottery drawing using balls numbered from 1 to 10. Assume that three balls are drawn at random. Allow the user to ent...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, that worked. (by abullard)
while loop wont exit

IM using a while loop to solve a number pyramid. double zerocount = 0, count = 0; system("pause"); cout << "Initial display of the pyramid:" << endl <...
[3 replies] Last: no problem mate. one other thing: why have you declared zerocount as a... (by mutexe)
Passing a variable by reference through multiple functions

Can someone tell me what is wrong with this code? I'm getting a run time memory allocation error. void function_A(Class_A& class_a) { function_B(cl...
[2 replies] Last: Hm, ok. Didn't know if this practice of passing by reference through m... (by hyperfine)
Inserting for a sorted sequence of nodes.

Hey guys I'm a little confused on how I would go about inserting on a sorted sequence of nodes. My logic is off. How would I go about fixing it? void ins...
[1 reply] : You're comparing pointers. Compare the values stored in the nodes. (by cire)
Numdays class need troubleshoot help!!

I cannot seem to get this to run, I'm self learning, so this isn't as homework assignment. My errors are on the << and -=hours worked. Any advice or pointers in...
[3 replies] Last: For your ouput to console did you mean cout << "John's initial hours... (by arthur44)
Beginner console games tips

Hey, i just can't find any good guides on making a "simple" snake game for example. Where do i start? What do i have to think about? And not only for snake game...
[6 replies] Last: +1 Grey Wolf The C++ language has no concept of a 2D computer display... (by cnoeval)
by davidm
overloading >> <<

why when i oveloading i can't use the regular cout and cin??
[1 reply] : You have to show your code and errors; we cannot guess what your "can'... (by keskiverto)
How to sum the column

I m the beginners.So now,i have a text file ,the content inside the text file is 2 3 5 4 2 3 5 3 2 2 1 5 4 2 4 2 5 4 1 3 3 5 4 4 4 3 5 4 1 2 3 3 3 2 2 4 4 3 1...
[5 replies] Last: I do not understand your formula. Your input data seems to be a table... (by keskiverto)
Inheritance and virtual functions

Hi All, I am working on an assignment, where I am meant to construct a Point, and Shape class, from which I should derive, Circle , Square and Triangle derived...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, but you may be making a common mistake: just because the construc... (by dhayden)
Quick theory question about STL algorithms

Hi, so here is the question : How does an STL algorithm take a container as an output argument? I haven't checked every single algorithm but as far as i have ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks man for your reply :) (by etrusks)
April 2015 Pages: 1... 56789... 52
  Archived months: [mar2015] [may2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.