Beginners - April 2015 (Page 50)

Linked List: Inserting Value at the End

I've written as follows: #include <bits/stdc++.h> using namespace std; struct Node { int Data; Node* Next; }; Node* Head; void Ins...
[2 replies] Last: void InsertEnd(int num) { Node *NewNode; NewNode=new Node; ... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
file i/o

so i know how to open and close files with the fstream objects. But what about opening a file and just wiping it clean? what is the command to give? thanks
[2 replies] Last: easy! thanks ! (by donvigor)
by wrylan
Can anyone help?

Could someone please thoroughly explain c++ ?
[3 replies] Last: Don't feed the trolls. (by MikeyBoy)
Is this co-dependency or bad overall design?

Hi I'm trying to write a chess program for one of my classes. Data encapsulation has been a serious challenge of mine. The problem is that I want the moves t...
[2 replies] Last: That was very insightful. Thank you. (by keanedawg)
Second Largest Array Sort

Given the following code which outputs the second biggest integer in an array of 4 integers why do you need the secondMax if statement before firstMax if statem...
[2 replies] Last: Hmmm. Let array = { 1, 2, 4, 3 } fm=1, sm=2 i=0 1 !> 2 1 !> 1 i=1 2... (by keskiverto)
Nested loop shape help

Hi I'm trying to get this design done here and I'd love some help finished result or possible steps trying to learn http://i.imgur.com/hJl48LS.jpg For the desig...
[3 replies] Last: Google nested loops. Youtube nested loops. (by TarikNeaj)
Still open for suggestions....

First, why can I not get this code to highlight and format to code tags? Second, can anyone show me how to make this code display correctly when it runs ?????...
[8 replies] Last: you are correct, I missed the space correction... thanks again (by justhappy)
constructors and destructor

Hi, I'm having problems understanding this 1 example. Author of the book that I'm reading suggested to run this program to see in what order all kinds of constr...
[4 replies] Last: Sorry if I couldn't answer in time. Yes, every object that has been co... (by S G H)
by bagol
What is next to do after learn basic of C++?

First, I will say that I'm new in C++ and this forum too. What I mean by new is that I still can't create something useful with C++ even after I learn it by mys...
[no replies]
Scope operator changing.

Why is it that in the second cout stmt of the main function, ::abc is printed out as 11? Doesn't :: refer back to the global variable which in this case is 10? ...
[3 replies] Last: But now I see, that main has been manipulating the global variable UN... (by Yanson)
Menu Based Programs and Nested Switch.

Nevermind, ty for the replies though.
[6 replies] Last: case 1: // NESTED CASE 1, CAN'T USE 1 FOR INPUT? Why wouldn't you b... (by fg109)
nested for loops simple question

Write a program to display following output by using nested for loop A9 A8 A7 A6 A5 B9 B8 B7 B6 B5 C9 C8 C7 C6 C5 D9 D8 D7 D6 D5 E9 E8 E7 E6 E5 ...
[4 replies] Last: Here you go.... char ch='A'; int num=9,i,j; for(i=0;i<5;i++) { n... (by shadder)
By applying for loop, your program should find and display the largest and the lowest of the numbers.

Q)Write a C++ program that receives the total number of integers (N). Then, the program will ask for N real numbers. By applying for loop, your program should f...
[1 reply] : You reset the min and max every time on lines 22 and 23. Currently, l... (by tscott8706)
function prototype

I am not sure what to put for display instructions and calculating the paycheck amount. Can anyone help me with this? Q: this program asks the user to enter ...
[4 replies] Last: Break it up into steps. 1) Your code currently doesn't compile. That... (by tscott8706)
How can I do dynamic memory allocation inside an structure?

I'm trying to do a program that read some informations of a person and write them on a binary file, but in the 'name' variable I want to let it free to write an...
[6 replies] Last: Yeah, I knew this..... (because since I started to study programming i... (by CaMMelo)
Classes and ShowMe()

Hello guys and gals. I am very new to C++ and I am working on this code assignment but I ma lost and do not know how to do it. Can anyone help me please. ...
[1 reply] : You can see my blog post at http://www.mycpptutor.com/blog/2015/03/31/... (by tscott8706)
Can you typedef a specific object?

I'm getting tired of writing long lines of code just to represent one object (I have to go through get methods, cast the objects, etc) so is there a way that I ...
[no replies]
Arrays, student scores

[2 replies] Last: . (by joeaswe1)
Need help with functions

Write your question here. Write a main that test for slope() and midpoint() #include <iostream> using namespace std; double slope(double x1, double x2, double...
[1 reply] : Next time when you post your code, make sure to ask the question that ... (by tscott8706)
Help calling information out of an array.

Hey Guys how's it going. I need help with arrays. I need to store all sine values from 0 - 90 into an array. So I made an array the size of 200 since the sine v...
[1 reply] : You could simply calculate the sine every time, when the user gives an... (by keskiverto)
April 2015 Pages: 1... 4849505152
  Archived months: [mar2015] [may2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.