Beginners - April 2015 (Page 41)

2D arrays - movement through rooms code

Hi there, I am creating a text adventure game in which the player goes around different rooms - all done in Visual Studio. I am required to do a map (.csv) ...
[1 reply] : Hey Wizard, The way you have described your program is going to make ... (by tscott8706)
sort 3 numbers

Hello, I've just begun programming, I'm trying to solve this problem but I think I've made a mess of it, could you please help, and explain where I've gone wron...
[3 replies] Last: Well, that's not what's happening here :) at the moment you just print... (by Gamer2015)
help with exercise

#include <stdio.h> /* A program to copy its input to its output, replacing each tab by '\t', each backspace by '\b', and each backslash by '\\'. T...
[5 replies] Last: Now when thinking about it, in my opinion this is the most stylish ver... (by pacman169)
by Cpper
Template specialization

I don't really understand the part of uppercase. Why would "element+='A'-'a'" make anything uppercase? // template specialization #include <iostream> usin...
[1 reply] : The ASCII codes for A-Z is 65-90 and a-z is 97-122. So by computing '... (by Peter87)
by Quark
C language casting problem

Hi there, I hope you can help me with a casting problem in C language. Let's assume TYPE_A and TYPE_B are two types (for example two structure types), and...
[6 replies] Last: Yes, casting can lead to problems if you are not careful. I haven't us... (by Peter87)
sfml building using cmake

can someone guide me building sfml? im stuck in configuring, a window always pop up with error "error in configuration process, project files maybe invalid" ...
[5 replies] Last: @Yanson thank you, i already compiled the sfml source code, but now m... (by xenovia12)
print specific char of a string

I'm working w/ strings and I was wondering how would I go about printing on the last 2 letters and the middle two letters of "bobby" printf("%s\n", mid(LN, 2,...
[1 reply] : if you are using c++ then you should go for std::string . this is mo... (by bazetwo)
From file to arrays.

Write your question here. Hello everyone, I am trying to get information from a file into arrays. The text file goes something like this: John Doe 808...
[5 replies] Last: * Your function name is misleading. Are you trying to display the con... (by bazetwo)
by an6206
2D vector. How can I properly assign values to the 2D vector?

I wrote a function GQ_3NT() which takes a 3x3 matrix array and modifies the array (called K_element). This runs fine. The problem is when I want to put the ...
[no replies]
reading from a file w/ .c_str

Hi there I am trying to pass in a text file into a constructor in my Text class. I am confused when using the .c_str function If I am trying to pass a text f...
[3 replies] Last: Don't declare the variable filename inside your class, pass it as an... (by bazetwo)
Double Linked List Add Function

I am writing a program that implements doubly linked lists and am required to add to the front, back, and in between any node in the list. I receive an error st...
[4 replies] Last: Is this where my error is? Quite possibly. In your version, line 3 ... (by dhayden)
Ascii code - encryption

A user inputs a string. Characters are translated to the ASCII character 3 values higher. I know you can convert a character into an ascii value by using int...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=Penquir]Thank you!!! wow that was so much easier than I was mak... (by germanchocolate)
by Cpper
Void Pointers

I got this from http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/pointers/ and void pointers. (Question at last line) // increaser #include <iostream> using names...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=Cpper]I thought the same. But why adding 1 to x will make it y.... (by germanchocolate)
function

Write the definition of a function named panic . The function prints the message "unrecoverable error" and then terminates execution of the program , indicati...
[2 replies] Last: You can use the "exit" function that exits the program, which only tak... (by germanchocolate)
Can't find error

Trying to create a encryption code. Vowels change to numbers. ex: A or a = 1. It does not have a small error with the red sqiggles, it starts to run and stops a...
[3 replies] Last: My pleasure :) (by TarikNeaj)
Need help with assignment (1,2)

I'm working on an assignment and am very new to a lot of the concepts it wants me to do. I have not finished the code yet. As of now I simply want to see if my...
[23 replies] Last: So far, I'd only been looking at your compiler errors and resolving th... (by fg109)
"Lowest Score Drop" hw problem

Hi all! I bet this place fills up this time of day on Sunday. Anyhow, I am doing the "Drop the lowest score" beginner C++ program, instructions are: Writ...
[11 replies] Last: You still haven't updated parts of the program... Main should look so... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
Fish Tank Classes

I need to make a fish tank class as part of a bigger fish project that is able to be cleared, drawn on, and printed. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but my ...
[8 replies] Last: That is what I thought to do at first, but the project guidelines requ... (by mmicha02)
C++ loterry

Hey guys, I need you help. i wrote a lotery code but it doesent work korekt and I cant find the mistake. It doesent outpu the numbers. Here is the code: #inc...
[7 replies] Last: Oh yea, I missed that part, weird that my compiler didint say shit. O... (by TarikNeaj)
by Cpper
Inline function

Can you guys explain me what Inline functions are? What is it used for? Thanks for your help!
[1 reply] : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=inline+functions+c%2B%2B https://www.youtube.com... (by TarikNeaj)
April 2015 Pages: 1... 3940414243... 52
  Archived months: [mar2015] [may2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.