Beginners - April 2015 (Page 33)

Need help with my programming project

Hello, I need help with my programming project here. My project was simple time converter which i manually plus the time.However I am having trouble for some co...
[no replies]
Need help with classes

Hey all, I can get the out put for the child classes to display but not the parent class. Product.h #ifndef PRODUCT_H//This builds a library of the Produc...
[7 replies] Last: I found it. Think ive been staring at it for too long lol (by specter113)
by kccpo
A little help with a equation please

Hi all, I have a program for school that I've started and it is very close to working but for some reason the calculation for the occupancy percentage isn't wo...
[7 replies] Last: LOL Totally understand that! Thank again! Cheers (by kccpo)
by slour
File location

Can someone point me to the tutorial that will tell me how to have a user enter the location of a file that will be in ported into a program. I know how to do i...
[2 replies] Last: okay, too easy thanks. (by slour)
by zelong
How could I substitute a value in c++

Hi,This is my final project of my first semester. and i got a question when to substitute a value-discount of the item-in the program. It appears at the second...
[1 reply] : I know there are some other errors in the program, but I am trying to ... (by zelong)
Please explain register getchar_unlocked()

Why is c=gc() is in the increment part of the for loop header? What exactly is it doing? Also what is the register keyword? #define getchar_unlocked gc...
[3 replies] Last: No, that line defines getchar_unlocked as being a macro for gc() . ... (by LB)
simple cin and cout

Hi, I'm trying to print name: and Grade: on the same line. how can I do that? string studentName; int studentGrade = 0; Student Student_1(&stud...
[7 replies] Last: As I already said, it isn't possible to have "Grade: " appear on the s... (by LB)
My program keeps failing....Help!!!

Could someone run my program and tell me what is wrong please? It keeps failing and I don't know what to do. Thanks #include <iostream> using namespace...
[1 reply] : int getScore (int testScore, int i, double total); Why is this insi... (by TarikNeaj)
Direct data to different instances of a structure

I am almost done with this code, I just have one problem holding me back. I want to be able to enter several events into the structure EVENT. At this point I c...
[6 replies] Last: struct Date { int day; char month ; int year; }; struct Eve... (by hyperfine)
Rectangle Structure - Better method for encapsulation?

The structure below for a Rectangle object works, however I am wondering if there is a better way to go about encapsulating my variables. There are two that ar...
[1 reply] : The point structure if for some reason you think it would be helpful t... (by HellfireXP)
I'm getting errors that I don't know how to fix. Please Help!!!

I'm getting a few errors that I am not sure how to fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. #include <iostream> using namespace std; #in...
[7 replies] Last: int getScore(int, int, double total); // total has to be double not i... (by TarikNeaj)
Brick game in graphics.h

Hi. First of all I want to apologize for my bad English. I want to do a C++ brick game using graphics.h library. I am getting 2 errors saying that 2 of my fun...
[no replies]
Define a structure member that is inside another structure

I am trying to create one structure for DATE and a second one for EVENT. I want to link the DATE structure inside the EVENT structure. I think I have that par...
[4 replies] Last: because I'm an idiot... Thanks, that worked! (by JMac618)
help with a point, shapes cmath program

hi guys I am trying to use a Point class, to draw a few derived shape classes and calculate their geometry. The code I've got is compiling propoerly, but the o...
[2 replies] Last: ahh yes, I forgot the calculation step! thank you. (by monparlour)
by savanh
need hlep please

hello everyone, i need your help with this code ,i try to do dynamic_cast just to understand ,is my way corect ?!.cuz doesniot work ,please help me with it, i h...
[2 replies] Last: dynamic_cast<loli*>(&d); (by fg109)
Function in class

I want to use funtion case 2 to print out all values but it not working. I dont know why and couldnt find any examples. This line gives the error: konto.skri...
[1 reply] : void skriv_kontolista(vector<Konto>&konton); // This is what your fun... (by TarikNeaj)
Reading values from text files

Is is possible to retrieve a (double) value from text file for calculation?? void billing_system() { int quantity; char ans; double item_total, tot...
[1 reply] : This is my file. void product_menu() { int ans; cout << "\n1. Add ... (by deadripx019)
by Jekee
Verifying if a string is a number

Hello all, Customary warning: I'm a noob I need to know the most efficient way to check a string and verify that it is a valid number, which means: All...
[2 replies] Last: When I did it a few months ago, I used isdigit http://www.cplusplu... (by TarikNeaj)
Few operator overloading that bothers me

Hi, I was faced with this exercise where i have to create my own unique_ptr so i had to overload operators -> , * I found some stuff on stackoverflow and...
[3 replies] Last: Cant believe i missed that it worked. I thought i tried it and it didn... (by etrusks)
Reverse a string and calculate ASCII difference

This a problem in HackerRank named "Funny String" where we are asked to output Funny if the ascii difference between the characters of the string and the revers...
[1 reply] : Is funny IF difference for each pair is same. In other words: is not... (by keskiverto)
April 2015 Pages: 1... 3132333435... 52
  Archived months: [mar2015] [may2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.