Beginners - April 2015 (Page 14)

Basic Cout problem c++

I've been programming this simple and in my opinion fun little random number guessing game, but i've gotten a small but annoying problem. when i launch the pro...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks alot, really bothered me. As you may have guessed i'm quite new... (by hmwhoknows)
Watch People Code

Not sure where to post this, but you can watch people code live and it's really awesome for learning! WatchPeopleCode.com is the site, or Just Google "WatchPe...
[3 replies] Last: It looks like Twitch where people can watch and chat, but with coding ... (by SeanTharpe)
by CVLT
Need help with Two-Dimensional Arrays Assignment

The part I need help with is drawing out the tic-tac-toe board itself which is found at the very bottom and the part that follows it. It would be much appreciat...
[no replies]
Difficuty calculating numbers and putting them in a 2D array

For my assignment I need to create a code that calculates the distances between x coordinates and y coordinates for 25 people. I then need to compare these with...
[7 replies] Last: Is it possible to save information from a function into a text file a... (by Disch)
Cannot convert `double' to `double (*)[5]' for argument `1' to `double facelines(double (*)[5], double (*)[5])'

I don't understand why I am getting this error. 56 Z:\Win7Files\Documents\DevC++\IM.cpp cannot convert `double' to `double (*) ' for argument `1' to `double ...
[3 replies] Last: Doesn't saying array just state the size of the array though? Like ... (by Disch)
by ryan1
help constructors for classes

aving trouble figuring out the constructors the code in the main() is supposed to test the class so i can go on to the rest of the program. this is the instruct...
[2 replies] Last: thanks alot for you help i figured it out heres the final code FOR AN... (by ryan1)
by tuqa
percentage program

Write your question here. i want to ask about how to do a code to calculate the percentage of 6 subjects in 4 academic years
[1 reply] : How does one calculate persentages on math class? (by keskiverto)
Looking for Tutor

I am looking for a C++ tutor on a weekly basis to help me go over my assignments and explain the techniques and assignments. My time is extremely flexible. Plea...
[no replies]
by Aideux
Function help

So I'm trying to write a program that calculates the sizes of clothing. Right now, I want to make it so that every 10 years after the age of 30, someone's jacke...
[3 replies] Last: Lines 7,11,13,16 really don't accomplish anything. They set jacket , ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Input Value and outbox Homework help...

Well I dont have full details yet, but can someone break down how I can learn about this : You will need to code an input value, then use a conversion form...
[2 replies] Last: Its for my C++ class. WE have to fix a code using visual basic. (by gravedigger)
Can anybody please help me by explaining this C++ task

I have a final assignement for C++ intro to programming class, I have to pass the class in order to graduate next month. The class was all online, and I didn't ...
[3 replies] Last: I actually have to create both, after creating the flowchart I have to... (by phenom01)
while loop for linked list not working

Hi guys , i am writing a project that asks us to create a linked list with numbers, print the numbers, and reverse the linked test and print the numbers again. ...
[4 replies] Last: Yeah for some reason it's not detecting your pointer as NULL even thou... (by hyperfine)
Creating a 2D Iterator for vector containing strings data type

I have a 2D vector containing strings. I'd like to create a function that iterates through the array. I can't figure out how this function need to be prototyped...
[no replies]
Segmentation fault.

I'm trying to get four files through this test: #include "sl_list.h" #include "sl_node.h" #include <iostream> #include <sstream> using std::cout; u...
[1 reply] : #ifndef SL_NODE_H #define SL_NODE_H #include <string> #include <climi... (by ManlyMartin)
Functional error, please help me

I don't know why it doesn't work. It is basically rock, scissor, paper with more option. and I think the loop is not working, the random number for computer's g...
[2 replies] Last: So it doesn't leave the loop, and not giving me whether or not I won t... (by qwertyking)
Misunderstanding argument passing

Hello, I'm a beginner in programming and studying the C++ programming language using the book : Programming principles and practice using C++. Today I'm here be...
[1 reply] : What i can't understand is why the compiler doesn't report me that th... (by Disch)
by MRQ1
Learning c++ by using sfml.

Write your question here. Hello everyone! I have been learning c++ for a while now and have grasped the basics so I am now willing to use sfml making 2d gam...
[1 reply] : Learn both at the same time! I believe in learning through experience ... (by closed account 2LzbRXSz)
Else/if problem and switch

Hi all, I'm really new to this so please excuse my ignorance. I'm making a program that works out the frequency in hz of a musical note. The user enters th...
[4 replies] Last: case '1': This is the ascii value for the charater '1', which is 49 ... (by Texan40)
Changing sprite direction with sfml! HELP

Does anyone know why when my sprite intersects with a border it doesn't rebound in the correct direction it just stops //-------UPDATE THE BALL--------...
[5 replies] Last: This is the function in my Breakout clone that dealt with handling the... (by Texan40)
April 2015 Pages: 1... 1213141516... 52
  Archived months: [mar2015] [may2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.