Newbies

Hey m new to C++ at 32 years of age but I have a thing to know n master this language.Am I late for this but i do know sum programming, vb html5 css mostly web development but i need to change for challenge!!

hey,
it is never to late to start a programming language.
but what are you exactly asking here or were you just saying hello?
Hello. Video tutorials helps me alot. They are often more "friendly" and fun than a book. But books are always the best reference i think.

Just some info to get you started!

Good luck
Practice, practice, practice. It doesn't take too much to get the basics down, especially if you know other programming languages. If it is your first, obviously it will take some time to learn the programming quirks and mechanics.
Thanx && practice will benefit that I know next time I will be presenting my new mobile project :What is the best IDE/Compiler for C++ ? thanx guyz

Those video tutorial r helping Halelujah!!
Last edited on
Yep, practice and dedication. Never too old to learn to program. Never too old to do much.

One thing I will say, though: "new mobile project"? What is that? Are you sure you're looking at the right language for this? iPhone development is Objective-C based, Android is geared towards Java and Windows Mobile, I'm assuming, has more of a C# foundation.
Hi TommyK, welcome to cplusplus forums.

What is the best IDE/Compiler for C++ ? thanx guyz

Well it depends on what OS you have. I use Kdevelop on Linux with Qt for GUI apps.
The good thing about linux is there are heaps of stuff for computer scientists, and it's all free.

If you have windows, lots of people use Visual Studio, but there are lots of others.

HTH Hope this Helps
What is the best IDE/Compiler for C++ ?

Unix.
Come on Moschops, everybody knows Unix is a detergent.
closed account (zb0S216C)
TommyK wrote:
"What is the best IDE/Compiler for C++ ?"

First, there's Visual Studio: It's OK, but its interface has a steep learning curve, is only for Windows, and you must use Microsoft's compiler. Then there's Code::Blocks: Cross-platform, easy interface, supports multiple compilers, and easy to use in general.

You don't have to have an IDE to program. Instead, you could use a simple text-editor and a compiler.

Wazzak
and you must use Microsoft's compiler.

I think there are obscure ways to hack into that issue; I know for certain that installing VisualD will force VS to use the DMD compiler... too bad a GNU G++ plugin isn't available... *goes to google*
closed account (zb0S216C)
@Catfish2: I tried Google already: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/216025/gcc-with-visual-studio

Wazzak
@ Framework:
Your link is not the Answer. Your link is the Question.

The Answer is this:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/summer-of-code/2009-04/msg00020.html

Edit: note to self, think more before posting.
Last edited on
Come on Moschops, everybody knows Unix is a detergent.

I couldn't resist some comedy of my own:

If Unix is a detergent, it is very powerful & strong, it is also 100% free, and much better than very ordinary & expensive Windows soap.

I hope I haven't started a huge war !! Just for laughs (:-<D)
I prefer to wash my clothes with the sweet summer smell of OS X. Sure, it's a little expensive and can only be used in certain washing machines, but the ingredients list is similar to Unix and it gives my clothes that nice, elitist feel.
I never use Windows soap to wash anything. I thought this was normal, given its bacterial flora.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.