calculation using multiple components

Hi, I'm having some problems with some code I'm editing, its made up of about 200 components (nightmare). I've managed to read around a bit and get some idea of editing code in individual components, and it compiles fine, but one of my values is coming out as zero when it shouldn't - I think this is because I'm not pointing correctly to the input values where it is calculated (i.e. the inputs are zero) or perhaps because these inputs is calculated later in the code?
basically, I'm not quite sure how that sort of thing works when you link up multiple components, any advice, or direction on reading material gratefully appreciated!
Somewhere in the code, you'll have a component dedicated to integration or mapping.

There are many methods out there for component mapping so you'll have to figure yours out, but try and look for a label in one module that works properly. Once you've found one, find out where/how it is defined and where it gets set.

If your using a full IDE for compiling, it may be as simple as finding all references to that variable. If you're using text-editors seperate from compilers, then you may want to use Wingrep or some similar application to search all of your files for that label.

Once you've found where it is mapped, just add your own label to the same mapping.
Thanks- problem solved!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.