menu's, interface, borders

Edit to original post. Original was overly lengthy.

I'm having issues finding examples, which is what I need to learn the most effectively. I'm looking for menu creation techniques, source codes, and or examples/tutorials. I am a beginning programmer, and I also want to be sure that this is where I should begin.

I'm creating a "bot" of a web based browser game. It's rather complex, so it will require a great deal of learning, and time consumption. I've already seen a few tutorials, like the hello world one. I've read as many as I could find thus far, but nothing relating to my needs as of yet.

Links, examples of code, source codes for advanced, and or basic menu's, including graphically enhanced, or mere screen borders of a withe background and black outline would be appreciated.

This isn't for a homework assignment, purely out of fun.

Also, advice on user friendly menu items would be appreciated. Generalized easy to see, easy to read fonts, and popular styles, etc. so that I can ensure it's simple for those who would use it when it's finished. Thanks to anyone who can provide me with any useful information.

Oh and Duas, if you read this thread, please post!!! I've been skimming, and saw a few of your "do it right" rants, love it. My grandfather taught me if you do it right the first time, you won't have to do it over. ;)
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.