How to make an EXE of your program

Im looking to create an executable of a program I've been working on for awhile, but i cant seem to find out how. I looked around Google but no luck. Any help? Thanks!

EDIT: i use the latest version of Code::Blocks
Last edited on
What compiler/IDE are you using?
closed account (4z0M4iN6)
I suggest, you shouldn't write your programs with Word and wonder how Word will compile.
Sorry, edited the post to show my compiler
closed account (4z0M4iN6)
I had a look to a screen shot of this IDE platform in wikipedia. You should find a menue item "Build" - if you click it, there should be more options - but I don't know which exactly.

The compiler then should compile, link and make the exe, if you choose the correct item.

It could be something like "Build ...".
But don't choose "Compile".

Then you should find the exe. But not in the directory of your source. Normally you would find something like "Debug" or "Release" if it would be Visual Studio. If you see such directories, you should look inside.
Last edited on
When you run the program inside the IDE, it is just running an executable. Every time you build it just updates that executable with a newly compiled one. The exe file should be somewhere on your hard disk already, I don't know what the directory structure for Code::Blocks is though. Best bet is inside the project directory somewhere.

If you want to distribute that executable (i.e. give it to someone else), you should probably build in release mode, again not sure how to do that in Code::Blocks but the info should be available online somewhere

btw the .exe extension is only for windows environments, I presume you are running windows, but if not the extension on the executable could be different, and the convention on *nix systems is not to use a file extension at all
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.