Need assistance for this "simple" program.

Long story short... I use to program in C++ awhile ago while I was still in high school. I ended up slowly getting out of it then joined the military. Since I been in I have not touched programming at all. Now I'm looking into a new hobby. Writing. More along the lines of poetry. So I'm looking for a rhyme program that simply helps me look for words to rhyme with.

In a nut shell its a program that searches through documents for specific tags based on a users entry. Ex: If I type in "shoe lace", it will search through documents in a folder for the tags, "shoe lace". Or for either "shoe", or "lace".

Here's a more detailed description of the concept:
- You open up the program. A simple cmd console pops up.
- It asks you to enter a word. Ex: shoe lace.
- The program searches through the documents in a specified folder for the keywords in a certain part of the document labled "Tags:" (Kinda like on youtube video's when you search for them).
- If it finds a document(s) with the keywords then it opens the file(s).

I got $5 to spare in my paypal I can give away for the source files, along with a compiled program of it, and misc information on what compiler you used, etc... Unfortunately I only have $5, or I'd offer more. The paypal account was hooked up to an old bank account and Im just trying to get rid of the last bit of money in it so I can get rid of it. Just PM for anything.

IF you have a better idea to find the rhymes easier then feel free to PM me.
closed account (zb0S216C)
Why not use this website: http://www.rhymezone.com/ There's no point in reinventing the wheel :)

Wazzak
@ Framework:
That website isn't good enough for me. So I'm simply asking for a program that will search through my documents for words that I am looking for. Why it isn't good enough for me you ask?...

Search for "shoe lace" on there. Yes, it comes up with something. But not what I'm looking for. It brings up words that rhyme with "lace"... So say I was writing a rap or something. That site would not help me, but if I had this program with rhymes and everything that I'm looking for then I'd be set.

Ex:
I walked by, and this guy undo's my shoe lace;
I look down then back into the dudes face;
That's rude, you're trying to cheat for this race;
In the end, you're still gonna come in sixth place;

Idk. I guess that's a horrible example. The point is... This program's search will be better than that sites. As you can see, "dude" didn't even show up on that sites list. You know what I mean?\

And there's still a $5 reward for this.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.