File Input/Output

I have spent awhile messing with File I/O and I thought I was finally getting it, until I ran into the issue of trying to read an existing file. I was able to create a file via a program, and write to it, open it and close it, however when I tried to read a txt file that I previously made myself it will not work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Here is my simple simple code I'm using to test this.

#include <iostream>               
                #include <fstream>              
                #include <string>
                using namespace std;

int main()
                {
                string FileName;
		cout <<"Please enter the original file name and see if it works muahahah\n";
		cout <<"File Name: ";
		cin >> FileName;
		ifstream WontWork(FileName);
		string line;
		if (WontWork.is_open())
		{
			while ( WontWork.good() )
			{
				getline (WontWork,line);
				cout << line << endl;
			}
			WontWork.close();
		}
                cin >> FileName;
                return 0;
                }

The text file I'm trying to read is called "Problem1.txt" I have littered all my folders with this txt file and it still won't read it. ATM I have put it in, Mydocuments/Visualstudio2010/Projects/test/debug/ (the exe is in here)
and in Mydocuments/Visualstudio2010/projects/test/test/ (when you create a file through a program it puts it in this folder). Still no go. please help!
Hmmm ... maybe you should use a getline(cin,FileName) command instead?
string filename[25];//the size of the file
use cin.getline(filename,25); and you forget to declareWontWork.open(filename);.
If it dont work I will try it myself. Good Luck.
Thanks for the help guys, I feel real silly, but what ended up happening is that I didn't have file extensions on, and when I created a new file, I made it Problem1.txt, and then the file name was actually. Problem1.txt.txt Silly me :(
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.