Finding the size of an Array?

If given the constraints thatthe array will be between 1 and 50 elements. The array is in class where the object is initialized with an array of elements within that range. How do i know how big the array is?
You don't really. If it's a static instance of a standard C++ array then the size is hard-coded.

I guess all you could do is initialise the maximum value of 50 elements.
Last edited on
The maximum value of each element is set as 5000. The problem is that the class is for a betting game. The array int amounts is initialized with dollar amount bets on the margin of victory. {10,20,30} means that the zeroth element of 10 equals a $10 bet on a draw. $20 on a win by one point and $30 on a margin of 2. The method arguments include finalResult which is 0 to n-1 where n is the number of elements of in the amounts array.

The issue I'm thinking about is that I have to add all of the non winning bet amounts from the array to a houseSum total.
intialize the entirre array to a default value then load the array and search for the default value incrementing a size counter each time its not found.

Kind of a waste of time though
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.