C++ IDE for Ubuntu

Hello all. I recently started using Ubuntu a few months ago and was wondering what IDE I should install for C++ development. Also, if it has support for Java, that would be great as well.
P.S. I use Visual Studio when I am in Windows.
Doesn't Ubuntu already have gedit?
I don't think Ubuntu includes Netbeans in its software center, but I rather liked the IDE while I still used it. It will also run on your Windoze box. ;)

You can download it from here: http://netbeans.org/downloads/index.html

EDIT @georgep:
gedit is more like Notepad with pretty text and optional syntax highlighting than Visual Studio.

-Albatross
Last edited on
@georgep - I was thinking of using gvim :P
@albatross: Are you sure that you don't need an extra compiler for NetBeans if you want to compile C++?
I used to love gnu emacs when I was working on Linux. There were a color version as well so you could add color coding.
I use Eclipse, if you like gvim there is also eclim, which let's you integrate gvim into eclipse.
Code::blocks is also pretty good
anjuta i think it was called
@FlashDrive:
As long as the OP already has a compiler installed (which isn't that hard to get done with the software center), then not at all!

-Albatross
Code::blocks is a very good solution as it also works on Windows so you can use the really same project files on each platform.
@Jessy V: As long as you use cross platform code
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.