Class definitions

I'm having trouble with basic class definitions. I have to do this for an online worksheet (it is graded by the online software). The problem I am having issues with is
Write a full class definition for a class named Player , and containing the following members:
A data member name of type string .
A data member score of type int .
A member function called setName that accepts a parameter and assigns it to name . The function returns no value.
A member function called setScore that accepts a parameter and assigns it to score . The function returns no value.
A member function called getName that accepts no parameters and returns the value of name .
A member function called getScore that accepts no parameters and returns the value of score .

and my code is as follows
class Player{
public:
	string name;
	int score;

void setName (string a){
	name = a;}
void setScore (int b){
	score = b;}

string getName(){
	return name;}
int getScore(){
	return score;}
};

I'm not really sure where I went wrong with my definition, and help would be appreciated.
Last edited on
From what I can see, the only error is that everything is public. Your name and score variables should be private, which is why you have getName() and getScore() - to retrieve that information.
that didn't solve it,my compiler errors are as follows
c.h:1: error: declaration of 'void Player::setName(std::string)' outside of class is not definition
c.h:2: error: declaration of 'void Player::setScore(int)' outside of class is not definition
c.h:3: error: declaration of 'std::string Player::getName()' outside of class is not definition
c.h:4: error: declaration of 'int Player::getScore()' outside of class is not definition

and my code is as follows (I only changed the string name and int score to private)
class Player{
public:

void setName (string a){
	name = a;}
void setScore (int b){
	score = b;}

string getName(){
	return name;}
int getScore(){
	return score;}

private:
string name;
	int score;
};
Last edited on
I ran this and it works fine, maybe you were doing something different outside of the class because mine's pretty much identical to what you have:
    #include <iostream>

using namespace std;

class Player
    {
        public:
            void setName(string a)  { name = a; }
            void setScore(int b)    { score = b; }
            string getName() const  { return name; }
            int getScore() const    { return score; }
        private:
            string name;
            int score;
    };

int main()
    {
        Player Guy;
        Guy.setName("Herb");
        cout << Guy.getName() << " scored 10 points!\n";
        Guy.setScore(10);
        cout << "Score: " << Guy.getScore();
    }

Using Code::Blocks.
Yeah I don't know what's up with it, my code outside the class is the same as yours, I guess I will move to another exercise and ask the professor what the problem with the exercise is.
What was your code in int main()? Classes are a major part of the language, so it's worth cracking this one.
It is just asking you to define everything no need for any of the int main. Hope this helps ran fine for me.

class Player
{
private:
string name;
int score;
public:
void setName(string);
void setScore(int);
string getName();
int getScore();
};

void Player ::setName(string n)