SDL linked...but erros?

Hey guys, ive just followed LazyFoo's tutorial on how to link SDL with visual studios 2010 express C++, Now i have it worked on my home computer which is 64bit, and im trying to get it to work on my laptop which is also 64bit, but after i follow the steps with include,library,import SDL.lib and SDLmain.lib and setting the coding compiler. i have no red lines but i get 4 errors

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _SDL_Quit referenced in function _SDL_main C:\Users\Canvas\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SDL_Lazyfoo_Tut1_Image\SDL_Lazyfoo_Tut1_Image\main.obj SDL_Lazyfoo_Tut1_Image

Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _SDL_Init referenced in function _SDL_main C:\Users\Canvas\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SDL_Lazyfoo_Tut1_Image\SDL_Lazyfoo_Tut1_Image\main.obj SDL_Lazyfoo_Tut1_Image

Error 3 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup C:\Users\Canvas\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SDL_Lazyfoo_Tut1_Image\SDL_Lazyfoo_Tut1_Image\MSVCRT.lib(crtexew.obj) SDL_Lazyfoo_Tut1_Image

Error 4 error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals C:\Users\Canvas\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SDL_Lazyfoo_Tut1_Image\Debug\SDL_Lazyfoo_Tut1_Image.exe 1 1 SDL_Lazyfoo_Tut1_Image

any ideas? im kinda puzzled

Canvas
P.S. if i /lib the 32bit version i get red lines, also when i go to debug it runs in win32, but i still dont think that is the problem
Last edited on
"unresolved external symbol" means it can't find the function bodies, which means you're not linking to the .lib files.

Double check the tutorial and make sure you are doing that correctly.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.