Clear Screen Question

Hey guys. I'm new here, but I got a question regarding Bloodshed
I'm using the screen ("cls") operator. It clears my screen, like I want it to, but I also have an Intro() function, (void Into(void) ). I don't want that to clear. How can I get it to do this?

Thanks in advanced!
Dark
When there is something on the screen that you don't want to be cleared, don't clear the screen.

In other news, you're using an expensive non-portable system call. Read this: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/10515/

I feel like this console clearing issue should be stickied at some point with the amount of questions that pop up about it
Maybe the search engine should be changed.
site:cplusplus.com %s works a lot better, showing older threads that provides a link to that article.

An alternative to the stencil is to clear everything and redraw what you need.
There is no good reason in clearing the screen.
A user which uses you program is propably smart enough to type cls into console and clear the screen it self.

why would you want to clear the screen, what if user do not want that?
Oh yeah, the old
<C-z> clear && fg
I'm making a Banking Program, where after the user has finished, say, depositing a certain amount of money, the screen will clear and the menu will show again. But my Intro () Function clears. Which, like I said, I don't want it to
Then this program isn't meant for the console.
Additonally, Bloodshed Dev-Cpp is not meant for use.
Additonally, Bloodshed Dev-Cpp is not meant for use.
Oh, whups. You're right, (p)ResidentBiscuit. I'll fix that:

Additionally, Bloodshed Dev-Cpp is not meant for use.

Darn typing :p
Oh haha, I didn't even catch the typo. I just felt like conveying your point as well. In case you didn't catch it OP, Bloodshed Dev-CPP is not meant for use :D
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.