Barcode reading from TIFF file (Optical Barcode Recognition)

Hello,

I am trying to start in the right place and I've done a lot of searching and reading on this forum. I have searched for the topic a lot over the last couple weeks and I have not been able to come up with a solution.

I would like to create a program that automatically names an image by the barcode that is on this specific image. Each barcode references an "Invoice number" which is 8 digits long. I'm certain I can write this program but I have no idea how to tap into optical barcode recognition.

When I scan this barcode with an every day barcode/UPC scanner it comes up with the invoice number in the format of 8 digits...

IE:"00000001" if the invoice # is 1. Another example is if the invoice # is 210999, it comes up "000210999". (This specific barcode is 64 lines that break down into 8 binairy digits per digit, with 8 digits)

Can anyone help please? I don't need help writing the program other than incorporating the barcode into the puzzle. I do apreciate the help very much! I hope to start returning the favor!
So you have a barcode reader and you are trying to get the result from your scanner to your software. Is that right? Can you clarify if it is USB, RS232, ethernet, or something else?
Sorry I didnt specify. I borrowed a barcode reader that was already connected to a friends PC, and it came up with the result above. I actually dont have the barcode scanner. I'm sure it would be worth while for me to purchase one if I need to, but I was making sure the barcode was readable/legible by a PC.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.