Can you Help me About This Machine Problem in C

This is the machine problem.

Write a program that will identify word that the user inputs and determine how many times that word uses the certain letters, that the word contains. The program must not accept a numeric value and special characters except the "-" that is needed in compound words as input . And the letters will be in alphabetical order.

Example :

I enter the word "letters"

The program must show:

e = twice
l = once
r = once
s = once
t = twice

If I enter the word "add5@6" with number or special character in the input word
the program will say "Wrong input" and will require the user to input another word.

I would appreciate your help guys. comment your program here or send it to my e-mail ren_olgames00@yahoo.com
Last edited on
You wish.
As for the problem, sorting the string would make it trivial. You'd only need one pass through it to count all characters.
Post what you have tried. Don't expect us to do your homework.
i dont know how to trap the number of characters that the user input. if i would know how to do it i think i can make the problem, that is my only problem i dont know how to trap the number of words vertically, if its horizontal its easy because i just, i can trap only i character >.<

please help me give me hints , thank u
i have read hour 13 in sams teach yourself c in 24 hours, and it help me alot. ill post my codes later and pls feel free to comment and make some alteration for improvement.
Well, I think you need to use arrays with strings.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.