Need a New Computer

I want to learn C++ but I use my computer for work. Could someone tell me if they suggest that I purchase a cheap laptop for learning to program. I dont want anything weird to happen to my main computer. Thanks for any help.
I use my computer for work, game, coding, etc. Until right now i don't have any problem with it. And it doesn't take that much processing power to compute your program if you are still a beginner. So my suggestion is, just use your work computer. It will be fine.

And by the way, if there is a problem. Its probably because you are messing around with the OS.

Hope this helps.
What radit said.

When you're just getting your feet wet with C++ programming, then you probably don't need to worry about messing up your computer. By the time you start getting into things that as side-effects might, hopefully you'll have enough experience to know roughly where to step to avoid doing so. :)

-Albatross
I guess your question came of the image of some super-guru compute geek that uses programming and doing all kind of funny stuff. Well your coding days with c++ (happily or not) will be much more safe but also (often) boring.

As far as I know all beginner courses for any programming language are quite safe for you pc, unless you specifically want to mess up your system. The most common result of a bad program would be not compile (not a problem for your pc) and crash your program (not a problem either)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.