How to make a program create a new folder

Pages: 123
To build boost for MinGW, use the official boost distribution:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.46.1/

Extract it, get bjam.exe and drop it into the boost_1_46_1 root directory:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-jam/3.1.13/boost-jam-3.1.13-1-ntx86.zip/download

Make sure the bin directory of your MinGW installation (found in the CodeBlocks directory if you installed the bundle) is in your PATH environment variable. If you have to add because it wasn't there yet, you might need to reboot afterwards.

Open the command line, go to the boost_1_46_1 directory and execute
bjam --toolset=gcc --with-filesystem

After it's done, you will find the libraries you need to link in the stage folder (libboost_filesystem-mgw44-mt-1_46_1.a and libboost_system-mgw44-mt-1_46_1.a).
Athar , thanks but after messing around with visual studio i love it , but just one more question if i use a BoostPro Binary Installer for Visual C++ from http://www.boostpro.com/download/ would boost not already be build saving me a lot of hassle ?
Yes, the Boost Pro installer includes prebuilt binaries for VC++. You find them in the lib subfolder of where you installed it.
Cool , Cool its re installing now
It should do. All you will have to do is add the compiler and linker search directories.

As you know, compiler search directory = where the headers are.
And linker search directory = where the binary libraries are.

If I recall, you don't even have to link the libraries yourself in VStudio as it's done in the Boost headers with #pragma directives.
Ok so while boost is installing i wrote so sample code to test out VS
#include <iostream>
#include <cstdio>
#include <cstdlib>

int main (int nNumberofArgs, char* pszArgs[])

{
	    int nCode = 0;
		int nPassword = 0;
		int nDestroy = 0;

cout << "Please enter your password to continue: ";
		cin >> nPassword;

if (nPassword == 1996)
		{
			cout << "Hello Adrian , What would you like to do ?" << endl;
		}

system ("PAUSE");
        return 0;
}

But i cant compile it :(
1>------ Build started: Project: Lock, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1> Lock.cpp
1>c:\users\adrian maciaszek\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\lock\lock\lock.cpp(1): warning C4627: '#include <iostream>': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1> Add directive to 'StdAfx.h' or rebuild precompiled header
1>c:\users\adrian maciaszek\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\lock\lock\lock.cpp(2): warning C4627: '#include <cstdio>': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1>c:\users\adrian maciaszek\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\lock\lock\lock.cpp(3): warning C4627: '#include <cstdlib>': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1>c:\users\adrian maciaszek\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\lock\lock\lock.cpp(86): fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "StdAfx.h"' to your source?
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
When you created you project, did you enable "precompiled header"?
yes i did
Don't. Disable it.
Ok i did now what ? ?
1>c:\users\adrian maciaszek\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\lock 3\lock 3\lock 3.cpp(15): error C2065: 'cout' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\adrian maciaszek\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\lock 3\lock 3\lock 3.cpp(16): error C2065: 'cin' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\adrian maciaszek\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\lock 3\lock 3\lock 3.cpp(20): error C2065: 'cout' : undeclared identifier
1>c:\users\adrian maciaszek\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\lock 3\lock 3\lock 3.cpp(20): error C2065: 'endl' : undeclared identifier
You are missing std:: in front of those. They are in the std namespace.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 123