Inheritance

Hello folks. Well we got this homework assignment and im really just lost. I dont expect nor want anyone to do my homework but can someone just guide me. Its a hybrid class 99% ONLINE READING 1% in person (for work turn ins) i need more person time. But i take what I can afford at the moment for school. Anyways any help is greatly apprecaited. Thanks!

Create a program that calculates the body mass index (BMI) for a person. Use the personType class presented in Chapters 12 and 13 as a base class. Derive a personBMI class that includes member variables for the person's height and weight. In addition, include a member function that calculates a person’s BMI (weight in lbs / height in inches squared x 703). Include appropriate constructors, accessor and mutator methods, and a pair of member variables to hold an acceptable maximum and minimum range for the BMI (you can find this information on the Internet). Override the personType print function to display the normal range of a BMI as well as the name and BMI of the person. Create separate header and implementation files for all of your classes, and write a short program to test them.
Where are you at the moment? It would help us if we could see what you've done so far.
could you please share the personType class first? otherwise this seems rather straightforward. just have a variable for their height in inches and their weight and in your function you do something like

return (weight * 703) / (height * height);

constructor will just assign values to the height and weight. seems pretty straightforward.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.