Visual Studio 2008 Error

I am new to programming and my first assignment is to write the hello world code. However, I wrote the code, which is:
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{

cout <<"Hello World!\n";
return 0;
}

However, I keep getting errors afterI go to start without debugging. I never get the message box, it just give me a error telling me that "the system cannot find the file or path specified. I am saving it to a folder on my desktop.

What am I doing wrong? I dont understand, I have went through several books and they all say the same thing and I rewrite my codes and still come out with the same error message which is:
1>------ Build started: Project: hello5, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1>Embedding manifest...

1>.\Debug\hello5.exe.intermediate.manifest : general error c1010070: Failed to load and parse the manifest. The system cannot find the file specified.

1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\dj000034880\Desktop\Computer Science\hello5\hello5\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

1>hello5 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Help, Help, Please Help....
I think you haven't linked iostream with your project or you don't have that file at all
btw please use code tags(# on the format menu)
Last edited on
"Linked iostream"? What nonsense is this?
No, this is probably just VS complaining because the proper procedure was not followed.
What did you do to create the project?
The proper procedure is: New Project->Project types: Visual C++/Win32->Win32 Console Application->Name->Next->Application type: Console Application->Additional options: Empty project->Finish.
Now, on the solution explorer, right click on Source Files/Add/New Item->C++ File->Name->Add.
There. That should do it.
I was told that you cannot really save to the desktop. But another folder, that is totally unprotected in anyway. And then post again with the results.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.