how to use source code

hi.i want to learn some game programing with seen other people source code .i think it is very useful.im not so beginner in programming,but have some problems
that seems other people dont have!!
1)i have seen a lot of source code in internet and in this site too.
but i cant use them.almost all of them have more than one file and when i copy
codes of one of this files in new project in VS of course i didnt compile because some of include header doesnt exit in project.how i can fix this?how should i add this file to the project?sorry for long post until now:)
2)some of other project have their solution.and when i open their solution with my
VS(almost all of them are old for my VS 2008)so VS convert them to a new one.but now when i compile them i see so many error that i cant fix them.especialy
i have some trouble with directx.i already have directx9 installed in my PC but this projects use directx8:so again errors!!
i googling so much for useful source code. all of them seems great but i can use them because of above problem(cant execute them)
so 3)can someone give me some cool link that have source code for game programming that i can use(and i use VC 2008 :)
all help will be grateful.

You are obviously missing the libraries these programs need. Look where you got the sources for information.
hmm sometimes maybe.
i wish to see someone answer other question i ask in the thread!!:)
Well, you know, C++ is case-sensitive, and so is the english language. Please treat it that way.
Furthermore, you say that you are not new to programming. How much programming experience do you have and with which languages? And how much math are you able to handle? That you want to use DirectX implies that you want a 3D-environment. You better had a solid foundation in linear algebra, projective geometry, and "advanced" data structures as well as efficient algorithms and computational geometry. The fact that you can't even handle to use code that doesn't ship with project files of your IDE somehow tells me that your experience in all of these topics and your will to learn is somewhat limited.
ignore!

Last edited on
Sorry for my bad English.
I have some experience in pascal(not so much that we can ignore it!)and i work with cpp.But actualy i solve algorithmic problem that seems are not like( for example) game programming,and i am not bad in math.i don't know advanced math,but i can learn and handle it easily.
But i don't know how the things you said are important to use some source codes?!

A very good place to start is actually over at the pygame Python+SDL site:
http://www.pygame.org/

Get yourself python 2.5.2 from here: http://www.python.org/download/
And pygame 1.8.1-py2.5 from here: http://www.pygame.org/download.shtml

Then you will have everything you need to go. Take a look through the projects sections at pygame.org and you will find source and examples for all kinds of games.

I know it isn't C or C++, but python is very easy to understand, and since pygame is really just SDL, you can use everything you learn there when you move to using SDL and C or C++.

Hope this helps.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.