Finding a Compatible Compiler

Hello. I have only begun the exciting task of learning the programming language C++. I am currently being educated in programming in C++ at my school. It is my understanding that the compiler my class is using is Visual C++ from 1998. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find a download of VC++ 1998 online for the purposes of working on my programs from the convenience of my home. Additionally, I have tried importing my .cpp files into newer versions of VC++ and other C++ compilers. While the compiler I have at school reports 0 errors and 0 warnings, the same cannot be said of the other compilers I have attempted to use. Therefore I ask this community: what compilers would be compatible with source code files from Visual C++ 1998? If there are any, what website would I be able to download them from? To all that reply, I thank you in advance for assisting me in this matter.
closed account (4Gb4jE8b)
well... frankly the code standards would be so outdated that asking for help here would cause problems; as what works in most compilers nowadays may not for yours. Are you familiar with torrents however? If so I suggest

http://www.btscene.com/details/2262852/Visual+C+Compiler+Std+Edition+zip.html

though i hold no responsibility if it leads to some unwanted side effects (such as a virus)
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.