Create a yatzy-game?

Hi, I want to try and make a yatzy game but I can't get started since I don't know how to make the graphics. All I need is some box to write your name and a button to enter the game and grids or columns to put the score etc. But can anyone point me in the direction of some gui or something that is easy to use and can do what I need because I can't figure it out. And I have tried.

Cheers
how much C++ do you know? Have you read the C++ tutorials yet?

I can point you in the direction of C++ GUI's but your not going to understand jack squat if you can't even compile a 'hello world'

how about trying to do this as a console app before doing gui.

1. you need a random number generator (easy enough)
2. you need an array or vector or class to print out the dice rolls, and score sheet on every new score.

__   __   __   __   __   __
|4|  |2|  |6|  |6|  |1|  |4|
I know enough that I think I could at least almost write the code for the game, but not anything about graphics. I have read tutorials on wxwidgets and winapi but I don't have time to really get into it so I need a simpler way to do it since it not much I need anyway. Is vectors something I could use maybe?
If you don't have times those it cannot be done. A vector is just an array, I was suggesting you could use an string array for the score sheet, and change the line/element when you select yes to change, in CONSOLE.

you might want to take a look at QT as well.
Ok, I understand. I will take a look at QT, thanks!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.