I need help

I'm really struggling on my C++ level 2 class since the assignment builds off of each other i was doing fine up until my last 4 assignments and right now I'm struggling on comprehending some of the material and how some things work since I haven't touched C++ in over a year since i went onto different languages such as Java, SQL, ASM and C#. This week's assignment deals with recursion and file I/O which basically sorts out a file's contents and sorts it out to their designated files. Ints to the int file and double to the double files. We are also using Integers and Double header files. Does anyone have any assignments that are related to this so i can further examine how it all works or some helpful advice or videos that can help me understand this assignment better? Its my last semester before graduation so I would appreciate any help I can get since I can't go to tutoring anymore due to the recent events.
Last edited on
Hello LaminarFlow,

I would start with posting the full instructions for this assignment, so that no one has to guess at what you need to do.

Next post the input file, so everyone is using the same information.

When you say "builds off of each other" do you mean modify the last program or add to what you have learned so far?

Any code that you have for this program is good to post to see what you have done so far. And what you are trying to do.

The tutorial here may help http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/

Or you can look at https://www.learncpp.com/ Chapter 18.

At this I, and others, do not know what you have learned so far and what exactly you are working on now.

Better to show what you have done so far and point out where you are having problems rather than guess at what might help.

Andy
Yeah thats what I mean by build off each other so Imma have to try summing up the assignments so far to try showing what the assignment is...so Imma try to condense the instructions the beset i can later today I just have a lot of other work to complete and post what i have so far. But the instructions for this lab is that we have a bool function called isNaN that would check to see if a string contains a valid number(Such as it checks if the number is an Integer it puts that number into a vector and writes it to a file that contains ints if the data type isn't an int and returns false its a double and puts that into a vector and writes it to its own file and we would parse it. But I will post my code later today after I'm done taking another wack at it since that tutorial gave me an idea.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.