undefined reference to vtable and typeinfo

Does anyone know what these errors mean? I have a class called Bird, and I tried to initialize it with a pointer. I'm not sure what a vtable is, and I don't know what it means by typeinfo. I don't know what code to include, because it's really long, and I have no idea where the problem is.

undefined reference to 'vtable for Bird'
undefined reference to 'typeinfo for Bird'
Hello momof4,

With out the code and the complete error message it is difficult to say what the error is or what it pertains to.

If the code is long put it in two messages or you could use https://pastebin.com/

I have not seen either of these types of errors before, so I do not know even what to guess at.

Another possibility is to provide enough code that can be compiles and duplicate the errors that you are getting.

Andy
undefined reference to 'vtable for Bird'

This probably means that you've declared a method as virtual, but you haven't supplied a definition for that virtual function. Perhaps you've declared a virtual destructor, and not defined it?

Of course, by not showing us the actual code, you're forcing us to play guessing games, and making it harder for you to get the help you're looking for.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.