The System Cannot Find...

Ok everytime i try to run ANY program, there is an error message that pops up and tells me that its unable to start my program and "the system cannot find the file specified" this has pleagued me for a while now and is becomming really irratating!

ANY help in solving this problem would and will be greatly appriciated!

Thank You in advance!

Sincerly,
Trey
Last edited on
Do you mean every application(like the ones you installed), or do you mean everything, as in explorer.exe?

If it is everything, you may need to reformat. Otherwise, just reinstall all of your programs.
Is it a pre-processor call line (With a #) such as an include statement? If so try adding or removing a .h at the end, example:

#include <iostream>

would be this:

#include <iostream.h>

Some compilers don't/do need that, tell me what compiler you have (I have quite a few installed on my computer) and post some code, and I will try to compile any code you show as an example.
Geez, no. He's missing a DLL.

When it pops up, write down the name of the DLL (the "file") that the dialog reports as missing.

Search your computer for it. It will probably be in a subdirectory of your compiler's directory. Copy that file to either your "system32" directory (should be something like "C:/WINDOWS/system32/") or to your program's directory.

If you cannot find the file (because you compiled your program on another computer or someone gave you the program), go to the source (the other computer or the someone else) and get the file. As a last resort, you can often download common missing DLLs from the internet.

If the missing file appears to be a Windows file, make sure to run Windows Update to get all the appropriate files.

Hope this helps.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.