Book advice for C++ / MS Visual Studio

Hey all,
I'm after some advice on a good book please.

I've read Accelerated C++ by A Koenig and have done some programming of console apps but now I want to start doing some apps with Windows.

I have MS Visual Studio 2005 and am looking for a book to study that will help me create Windows applications starting from pretty basic ones i.e. creating windows, button, combi boxes etc.

Any suggestions ? (I also have Introduction to MFC bu Deitel but it's aimed at an earlier version of VS so not much unfortunately)

I am willing to upgrade to a newer version of VS, say 2008 or 2010 if necessary. I also prefer to learn from a book rather than from an online source/guide.

Thanks for your time :0)

The MSDN website is really good. That's how I learnt. If you just google "MSDN How to create a Window" you should find what you need. It explains the function, its parameter and you should be able to find an example
I highly recommend Wrox press books . Ivor Horton - Beginning Visual C++ 2005/2008/2010.
Thx guys - I've ordered the Beginning Visual C++ 2005 edition for now - I expect to be the new Bill Gates within 3 months :0)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.