Database in c++

Hi guys. So I am about to create a program that can manipulate a database outside of the program, but I got tons of ways to do that and I'm puzzled which method should I follow since I'm a beginner in programming. I'm asking you, the pros,what method can you suggest and probably the most efficient and if possible a beginner friendly one. Thanks in advance.

Best advice:

Do not do it yourself. Get a library.

There are many available. You can easily install MySQL and use it with C and C++. Others exist:
https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/links/libs#Databases

Good luck!
Thanks!
Second on Duthomhas.

MySQL has been a staple for a long, long while, but of late MariaDB has been used to replace it (it is "drop in" replacement for MySQL). MariaDB exists in part because MySQL was purchased by Oracle and a number of users felt that was a bad move. MariaDB is still in the full spirit of open source and independent of corporate influence.

There's also SQLite, which is often used on phones because it is lightweight, portable and simple.

You are in for a bit of a study, though, because SQL is it's own "language", so you need to practice a day or two making SQL queries to get the gist of how that's done.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.