Help with beginner game project

Hello world, I am a beginner in C++ and I am trying to create a game that will output a character eg H and another character I. These characters will be moving at a constant speed towards each other, the user(s) will be able to input which direction the characters will be moving( either left or right only) if they do not collide then the game will repeat and if they do collide then the game is over resulting in the output of how many rounds they have survived. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to even start this as it was just an idea in my head. I can print the characters however I cannot figure out how to have them move at a constant speed towards each other and I cannot figure out how to assign the movements to each character. The movements would be assigned as followed; A = Left, D = Right, J = left and L = right. This game would be 2 player. If anyone can help on this that would be greatly appreciated!
Without moving to a graphics library, and assuming you are using the console, look up gotoxy and see if you can get a version of that on your compiler/setup. It is nonstandard.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.