Linking a library (dlib) from internet

I am an absolute beginner in C++. My problem is: I would like to link and use the "dlib" library to make use of the algorithm functions in it. Unfortunately, I can not find information about how to do this. It seems to me a rather simple problem. No doubt it is my lack of knowledge that I do not understand everything I found on internet or in some books I have consulted to tackle this problem. Is there someone who can tell me how to link this library (prefarable in a simple way) ? Thank you very much.

By the way, I use CODE::BLOCKs

Last edited on
Did you have a look at how to compile it? http://dlib.net/compile.html

Last edited on
Having downloaded the library and taking a look it seems the usage is similar to the Boost library. The headers are all there. You can include them like any other header.

If you have the headers in the same directory you are compiling, then include them in this format: #include "header_name.h"

If you have the headers in the same directory where the standard library is located, then include them in this format: #include <header_name.h>

I don't know of any simpler way.
Last edited on
Thanks very much for the comments on my question. It worked fine and indeed very simple.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.