Where can I learn code?

I'm not sure where I could begin learning code, I don't have any money for books, or online classes. And I can't seem to find any free resource for learning c++.
Any help would be appreciated as it's been a dream of mine to be able to code games.
If you move your eyes a fraction to the left, you'll see a link to "Tutorials" on this very site.

There is loads of free stuff out there on the net. A Google search for "C++ tutorials" should throw up lots of possibilities - although, of course, there is no guarantee that any given site will be of good quality.
I don't know about the quality, but: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=c%2B%2B+game+programming+tutorial also gives you a very long list of people telling and showing you what to do to get started.

I would recommend thinking of a simple game (guess an number or word) and starting with that, subsequently try to add complexity step by step. A common pitfall is to try and create something big and amazing to start with, that usually ends up in disappointment and frustration.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.