adding a number to a time interval

hi, i need help writing a code where it adds 1/8 to every ten years. the direction for this function is as follows,

Jacket size (chest in inches) = height times weight divided by 288 and then adjusted by adding 1/8 of an inch for each 10 years over age 30. (note that the adjustment only takes place after a full 10 years. So, there is no adjustment for ages 30 through 39, but 1/8 of an inch is added for age 40.)

I know how to create a basic function, but I am getting stuck on the addition over 10 years part. Please help.
Hi,

Please show us your code, we are not mind readers (at least I am not one :) )
here is the full question :

Write a program that asks for the user’s height, weight, and age, and then computes clothing sizes according to the formulas:

Hat size = weight in pounds divided by height in inches and all that multiplied by 2.9.

Jacket size (chest in inches) = height times weight divided by 288 and then adjusted by adding 1/8 of an inch for each 10 years over age 30. (note that the adjustment only takes place after a full 10 years. So, there is no adjustment for ages 30 through 39, but 1/8 of an inch is added for age 40.)

Waist in inches = weight divided by 5.7 and then adjusted by adding 1/10 of an inch for each 2 years over age 28. (note that the adjustment only takes place after a full 2 years. So, there is no adjustment for age 29, but 1/10 of an inch is added for age 30.)

Use functions for each calculation. Your program should allow the user to repeat this calculation as often as the user wishes.

Input Notes:Height, weight and age are all to be entered as integers , separated by white space, after the main prompt. After the continuation prompt, the program reads in a character and repeats its actions if the character is a Y or a y and otherwise terminates.

here is my code:

#include<iostream>
using namespace std;
int main(){
int H, W, A;
char answer;
double hatS,jacketS, waistS;
double hatsize(int W, int H);
double jacketsize(int H, int W, int A);
double waist(int W, int A);

double hatsize(int W, int H);{
return (W/H)*2.9;}
double jacketsize(int H, int W, int A);{
return (H*W)/288 ;}
double waist(int W, int A);{
return W/5.7;}

hatS=hatsize(int W, int H);
jacketS= jacketsize(int H, int W, int A);
waistS = waist(int W, int A);

do{
cout<<"enter your Height, Weight and Age"<<endl;
cin>>H>>W>>A;
cout<<"Hat size = "<<hatS<<"Jacket size (chest in inches)= "<<jacketS<<"Waist in inches = "<< waistS<<endl;
cout<<"do you wish to do another calculation"<<answer<<endl;
}while (answer=='Y'||answer=='y');

return 0;
}
Hi I compiled your code at cpp.sh and found these errors

In function 'int main()':
18:14: error: expected primary-expression before 'int'
18:21: error: expected primary-expression before 'int'
19:21: error: expected primary-expression before 'int'
19:28: error: expected primary-expression before 'int'
19:35: error: expected primary-expression before 'int'
20:16: error: expected primary-expression before 'int'
20:23: error: expected primary-expression before 'int'

Please de-bug your code first

PS: please use code tags
http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/jEywvCM9/

PPS: also implement code indentation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indent_style
http://mrbool.com/importance-of-code-indentation/29079
I don't get it, i tried fixing the problem but still i keep getting an error. And also i still do not know how to add 1/8 to every 10 years.
can someone please help me?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.