Hello

closed account (zTUSz8AR)
Hello I am a total newbie here can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong when I try to debug I get the information below I don't know If i am doing it correct.

un-Time Check Failure #3 - The variable 'sideline' is being used without being initialized.

The manager of a football stadium wants you to write a program that calculates the total ticket sales after each game. There are four types of tickets—box, sideline, premium, and general admission. After each game, data is stored in a file in the following form:

ticketPrice numberOfTicketsSold
Sample data are shown below:
250 5750
100 28000
50 35750
25 18750
The first line indicates that the ticket price is $250 and that 5750 tickets were sold at that price. Output the total number of tickets sold and the total sale amount into an output file. Format your output with two decimal places. (You are required to generate an output file that has the results.)

#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>
#include <iomanip>
using namespace std;

int main()

{
	ifstream inFile;
	ofstream outFile;

int ticketPrice;
	int ticketSold;
	int box;
	int sideline;
	int genadmission;
	int premium;

inFile.open("ticketsale.txt");

cout << fixed << showpoint;
	cout << setprecision(2);
	inFile >> ticketPrice >> ticketSold;

cout << "250" << setw(8) << box << endl;
	cout << "100" << setw(9) << sideline << endl;
	cout << "50" << setw(10) << premium << endl;
	cout << "25" << setw(10) << genadmission << endl;
	cout << "Number of tickets sold : " << ticketSold << endl;
	cout << "Total sale ammount : " << ticketPrice * ticketSold << endl;

inFile.close();
	return 0;

}

closed account (48T7M4Gy)
To overcome the immediate problem you should initialise all your variables when you declare them, like int sideline = 0; instead of int sideline;

You also need a while loop to read in the 4 lines of the file. This should also include a counter arrangement along with an array or vector to store the seat number/seat price groups. The counter value enables the seat type name to be applied. Use an array or vector of strings for that part.
Last edited on
Hello elanor,

Consider changing ticketPrice and ticketSold to either float or double. This make formatting the output to two decimal places easier.

I suggest adding some code to check that inFile is open or not. Also you define outFile, but never use it although the instructions say to output to a file.

Hope that helps,

Andy
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.