execute allegro program

Hello,
I have created an allegro game and i want to give the executable to a friend to play the game. The problem is that my friend has not any c++ /allegro compiler installed at his pc. He is a simple user.
So, i have created a file that contains the executable and all the necessery files to execute the program. Is there any way to play the game my friend?
Thnx!
HI karvoyno,
I may have your question wrong, but the allegro, is a cross-platform game library available for windows, linux, macs, and unix systems. If you write a program that uses allegro, then your program can be compiled on any of these systems without modification.

Allegro home site
http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/allegro/

**you can download the library from there. If you need help setting up the library on your friends computer there should be documentation on that site, or post another question if you need further assistance. Is it a game your trying to play over the internet with your friend?
Last edited on
Create a release build of your game. Then go into your games folder and find the folder called release. You should be able to copy all your game assets into this folder (dlls / images / fonts). Delete any of the files you don't need in the release folder. After that zip it up and give your friend the zip file.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.