hierarchy

I get that this is an assignment and I'm not looking for someone to just do this. I'm trying to figure out where I start to complete this. I've been reading my books and listening to our school chats and am completely lost on this. can some one give me some guidance on what the heck I'm supposed to do?

Write a C++ program to read in various types of test questions (multiple choice and True/False) from a test bank (text file), and load the questions into an array of questions. You will need to implement the following class hierarchy (given in UML):

Class Hierarchy

Once the test bank has been loaded, simply iterate over the array of questions and have each question printed out to the screen.

The test bank (text file) will have the following format:
•Line 1 will be an integer value, indicating how many questions in the file
•Each question will start with a line that starts with either "MC" or "TF" followed by a space and then the point value of the question.
•The next line will be the actual question.
•If the question was True/False, the following line will be the answer, either "True" or "False"
•If the question was multiple choice, the following line will be an integer value indicating how many choices will be provided for that question. The following lines will be the choices. There will never be more than 6 choices. The final line following the choices will be the answer: "A" or "B" or "C" or "D" or "E" or "F".

A sample test bank file is as follows:

TF 5

There exist birds that cannot fly?

true

MC 10

Who was the President of the USA in 1991?

Richard Nixon

Gerald Ford

Jimmy Carter

Ronald Reagan

George Bush Sr.

Bill Clinton

E

TF 10

The city of Boston hosted the 2004 Summer Olympics?
false
Your first bet would be looking at that text file, and start defining a class to represent a question and all it's members. After that I would tell you to overload the std::istream operator>> to create a nice loop to load the text file into a vector of classes.

However, take note that the format slightly changes if the question is multiple choice, so when reading in files it may be wise to try and tokenise the input.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.