Is conio.h available on Mac OS X?

Hello guys, just wanted to know if conio header file is available for Mac. I have to make a program that is cross-platform and I need to make sure that conio will not ruin that.
Greetings,

unfortunately, the conio header file is not available on Mac OS X. I did read couple of threads here and there wherein people stated that they "downloaded" the conio "library" but having problems linking it to xCode. I find this utterly absurd as conio is a header file and not a library, it is not something you download and link it to a compiler. But hey, I may be wrong. As far as I know, conio.h is not available on the OS X platform or even Linux. Linux users use curses instead.

Hope this was informative,

Good day.

- A Mac OS X user.
Last edited on
What exactly are you looking for with the conio.h library, MultiMedia? I am used to writing generic code, I may be able to help you achieve the results you are looking for.
Last edited on
Hello again Uk Marine! You're always answering my threads and for that I am really grateful haha

After doing some research, it seems like conio.h is not available on xCode as you said.

How would I go about writing a clear-screen function without using system("cls")? I looked at previous article somebody linked me to it but that didn't help me, the cursor wasn't on the upper-left :/
You will be able to get the cursor to position (1,1) if you play around with the spacing. It really depends on what kind of code you have.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.