started a couple of days ago

Hi well i'm going to be honest our professor gave us this to program I am studying variables and Memory and the book learning c++ by creating game on UE4 engine gives odd examples compared to the problem itself and code.

Can some one program this or show me an example of it so i can better understand it and compare it to my textbook so i don't go back completely blank on Monday. I've been at it for 4 hours and climbing.

"The Problem: Develop a C++ program that solves this problem. A Lawn Mowing company called Lawn Care Inc. would like to enter the dimensions of a lawn for their customers and have the program calculate the total square footage of that lawn. To keep things simple let's say they won't have more than six measurements at a time and that there are now triangle or curve measurements. Since we are limited on our C++ skills; create 6 different variables to store those values when the user enters them. Instruct the user to enter a 1 if they only have four measures for a particular lawn - like this:

Please enter Bob Barkers (6) lawn measurements.

Enter a 1 if you don't have that many measurements to add.

We will learn a more efficient method for this in the future but for now try this exercise.

Once you have the measurements, calculate the total sq footage of the lawn and then use your previous algorithm (assignment 2) to develop code that sets the price per mowing based on:

0 - 3000 sq ft = $25.00 per mowing

3001 - 5000 sq ft = $45.00 per mowing

5001 and above sq ft = $75.00 per mowing.

Make sure you make 3000 = 25.00 as well as 3001, 5000 = 45.00 and 5001 = 75.00 so you have to use the <= and >= symbols instead of just < or >.

Ask the owners name and use it in the program as a string."
Last edited on
closed account (48T7M4Gy)
Last edited on
Thanks, i really appreciate it back to the books i will post my end product when i'm done thanks a bunch.
Last edited on
@kemort:
Oops

and possibly
#include<string>
if you want to do:

std::string name;

?
Last edited on
I just thought if you were to make fun of someone asking for help at least don't make yourself an idiot in the process.
Last edited on
Last edited on
@kemort: why you remove your posts?
Last edited on
Please don't delete your posts. It makes this thread useless and incomprehensible for anyone else.
Last edited on
Deleting my posts was a personal choice.

then, it doesn't sound like the choice based on common sense
i smell ban
Last edited on
@kemort: you'll get banned because using report feature recklessly while you yourself violated the forum ethics
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.