Constructor help

Pages: 12
kingkush wrote:I have two errors saying empName and department are not defined.

reply:
I haven't figured out how to add a .h file to a project yet so I can't run your code.
It would probably help to give the line numbers where the errors occur.
I use the code::blocks ide.
Last edited on
I am finally beginning to understand! Thanks for your patience and help!!!! Im not 100% yet but i have a better understanding. I finally managed to get my code to compile. Then i added your main() to see if it would run properly but i still got an error on line 92:

Error 1 error C2661: 'Employee::Employee' : no overloaded function takes 4 arguments

I feel like im soooooo close. I ran your program and it compiled and ran perfectly so i just need to find out where i made my error. I feel like i need this line :

Employee(std::string, std::string, std::string, int);

but whenever i use it in public member function i get LNK errors 2019 and LNK1120. It doesnt say where my error is it just tells me which file. It usually tells me which line but its not for some reason.
Last edited on
My main() uses the Employee::Employee constructor that requires 4 arguments you would have to add that to your class.

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/classes/
Last edited on
Thanks for your help! I really really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to help! (: I think i have most of it down. I just need to tweak the code for my second program. Thanks sooo much!! Lol i know not to miss class even if im sick now.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12