Beginner in C++ and need an explaination of basic topics and words

Hello, I am very new to C++, and in fact, very lost. I apologize for having such a beginner level understanding, but everyone has been at that point in their life… I have a few questions that would greatly help and put me on the correct path for programming in c++, but as of now, they serve as the largest block… before i start, I am very skilled in computers and code in html/css and a bit of java, I do not understand any C++ though.

>>Where do you run/test your code…

-is it different for every project?
-do you need multiple editors (games, OS designing, mac applications, windows applications)

I am used to using brackets and testing my code (html/css) in chrome… If i really had to, I could copy and paste the code in the browser, but generally speaking, all i did was code, and test on chrome

i guess I’m asking, where do i write the code, and how do i test out the code i have written, wether its if else statements or complex things.

>>GUI for c++?
i am used to using html as a GUI and having java run the functions behind the program,
for C++ what exactly is the interface
-lines of code that appear like linux booting up
-telling the screen how to place objects
-command line interface
-completely hidden and the GUI is another language(PLEASE inform me of that language

>>libraries?
i am unsure of the term and google does not help too much…

>>It seems that C++ is very vast and you learn what you need to know for the project
-C++versions (html 5) are there versions
-how vast is c++

lastly, please explain how c++ functions as in, is it behind the scenes vs GUI, is it modular for programing small phones to server OS, and is there any networking application of the language.

Thank you so mush for your time. Even if you don’t answer every question, any help is appreciated. Thank you.
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
Have you looked at the C++ Language Tutorial here?

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
I'm knew too, but I recommend downloading Code::blocks. It is an IDE with a compiler, so you can test your code whenever.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.