Frusteration

So here I am, I know PHP, C#, JS... To name a few. I've wanted to learn C++ for a long long time. Just this week I sat down determined to get into it. I would rather stay away from Visual C++ and the studio if I can help it. I would like to build apps first with out frameworks or libs, to understand the under workings better before I consider using them.

I look up information on programming in windows. Almost non-existent save for VC++ and .NET examples on MSDN, and PLAIN C++ syntax tutorials. This is absolutely & destructively frustrating...

I've spent almost a good solid 10 hours just looking up Visual Styling, and using manifests. Can I get my Window to not look like Windows 3.1? Not yet.

I am sorry, I had to vent a little bit, and was hoping for some answers. Every attempt on the Web, I tried to get my Windows APP, built with DEV-CPP, to work, and not look old, too many times. I almost want to throw in the towel and I haven't even really started.

If I can suggest something, use Code::Blocks. As far as I know, DEV is a bit old, and I had problems with installing extensions, like Allegro ;) And don't let those problems get you down, you are beggining, it's normal to move with small steps ;)
Thanks for the suggestion, but...
I am using the release of Orwell Dev-Cpp, http://sourceforge.net/projects/orwelldevcpp/.
It was updated at the beginning of Feb '15.
I looked up Code::Blocks. Seems its less updated then my version of Dev-Cpp
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.