Would it be possible to make this? How would I go around doing so?

I've decided to post this in the "Beginners" sub-forum because it is more of a hypothetical question and I'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

I'm interested in building a bot that every few minutes will mimic me pressing a specific button on a website. Originally I set up a key-macro on my PC so that the bot will function while I'm away from my computer but now I'm interested in building a bot that will be able to do so while I'm using the computer as well so it won't have to pop up my browser, press the button, and tab me out of whatever program I was using before-hand.

Is there a way to make a program that will "press" a specific button on a website without having that website open alternatively on a browser?

I know C relatively well and I've worked with libcurl but I'm not 100% sure how I would add the actual "pressing" functionality of the program via code.

Thanks a lot to anyone who helps!
Most automated bots work by emulating keyboard and mouse actions. So it would work as you described first.

You can avoid it by making browser to emulate actions with website. You can either try to write plugin which will do some actions depending on some script, or you can use some already existing thing like Selenium.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.